Names Searched Right Now:

Thoughts on Bella?

I'm warming to the name Bella, although I dislike it as a nickname for Arabella, as I feel like Arabella is almost too pretty to be shortened. However, I'm a bit concerned with it, as I know it's very popular as a dog's name - to the point where, I actually only know 1 human Bella, and it's just a nickname for her (her actual name is Carmela).

My family does have a tendency to use very acceptable human names for their pets, such as:

Keira
    Lilly
    Oliver
    Maggie May
    Maggie (yes, two different dogs)
    Daisy Mae
    Molly/Mollie (again, two)
    Bailey
    Sadie
    Jake
    Shannon
    James/Jamie

Because of who a few of these pets belong to, I actually likely can't use some of them (Keira, Oliver and Lilly mostly).
    I feel like because of the names my family does use for animals, Bella is very much a possibility for the next pup or kitten my aunties or cousins get, which would, depending on the aunt or cousin, would render the name unusable (I have one aunt and cousin in particular who would most definitely say that a name, such as Keira is a dog's name only now).

So, is Bella ok to use, or should I avoid it like the plague and add it to the never ending list of 'pets only' names?
    "But while some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled, but miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves, what a concept"

It's fine to use! It's my favourite girl name.

Saying that, my dog was going to be called Bella (she was called Tilly instead)... I don't see a problem with it at all. Dog names are just human names that people put on their furry friends. No big deal. If you like it - go for it!
    ** m a g i c a l **