Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WDYT of Gael?

WDYT of Gael?

My mother has a friend whose grandchild is named Gael. A charming little boy of the age six and I can't help that I'm slowly falling for the name. The prounciation of the name (with two syllables not one like it's counterpart Gail or Gale) is Gah-El/Gah-Elle/Guy-Elle. I slightly prefer the pronunciation of the ones in bold. But I don't think I would ever use this name as I picture the little boy and not necessarily a future son of mine. Wdyt? Any middles names that will go great with?
    Last edited by solace; May 23rd, 2014 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
    punctuality is a virtue of the lonely.

I do think it has a certain charm. As you said, I wouldn't use it, and I just finished reading a book about 3 weeks ago that had a Gail in it- I am still heartbroken over how his storyline ended up. He was originally the character you were meant to hate, but about halfway through the book, you saw that he was actually a pretty decent guy- the main character who was female married him, but left him a few years later, and he sort of went downhill, cause she was the best thing that had happened to him and the only person who understood him.

Anyway, back on track... I do think it is cute, with a dollop of vintage charm. How about:
    Gael Hawthorne
    Gael Cheever
    Gael Calvin
    Gael Clyde
    Gael Crispin
    Gael Desmond
    Gael Azariah
    Gael Donovan
    Gael Henley
    Gael Hezekiah
    Gael Humphrey
    Gael Ivo
    Gael Jeremiah
    Gael Keaton
    Gael Lemuel
    Gael Linus
    Gael Matthias
    Gael Roald

Quote Originally Posted by nooshi View Post
    I do think it has a certain charm. As you said, I wouldn't use it, and I just finished reading a book about 3 weeks ago that had a Gail in it- I am still heartbroken over how his storyline ended up. He was originally the character you were meant to hate, but about halfway through the book, you saw that he was actually a pretty decent guy- the main character who was female married him, but left him a few years later, and he sort of went downhill, cause she was the best thing that had happened to him and the only person who understood him.

Anyway, back on track... I do think it is cute, with a dollop of vintage charm. How about:
    Gael Hawthorne
    Gael Cheever
    Gael Calvin
    Gael Clyde
    Gael Crispin
    Gael Desmond
    Gael Azariah
    Gael Donovan
    Gael Henley
    Gael Hezekiah
    Gael Humphrey
    Gael Ivo
    Gael Jeremiah
    Gael Keaton
    Gael Lemuel
    Gael Linus
    Gael Matthias
    Gael Roald
    I think that's why I like it so much, it's vintage charm. It just flows out of my mouth. I may not ever use it myself but that does not stop me from suggesting it to other people! My favorites from your list is

Gael Hawthorne
    Gael Humphrey (which is really funny as I was thinking about adding Humphrey)
    Gael Keaton (I like how the second and third letters are switched it's like a tease)
    Gael Ivo
    Gael Desmond

I think the longer the middle name the more sound pleasing it is...also may I ask the title of the book you just finished? I'm curious to know!
    punctuality is a virtue of the lonely.

The Fountainhead . I'm glad you like some of the choices- I do think it is a good name, and it is nice to see it being used.

Like actor Gael García Bernal? I like it a lot, but I don't think it works well in English.