Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Your favorite name family?

What's your favorite name family? "Name family" meaning a collection of names that all spring from a "parent" name, which is usually a classic like Elizabeth, Anne, Mary, etc. I have a harder time sorting out which boy's names belong to which family; some definite ones I see are the leonine names and the Johns.

My favorite for the girls is Helen/Eleanor, and of these I love Helena, Leonore, Nell, Eleanora, and Leonie. I'm fairly sure Helen and Eleanor come from the same root: they're both Greek with the same meaning, and some of their offshoots seem like they could be a variant of either.

I also love the Leo names: Leo, Leonidas, Lionel, etc. are all great favorites.

How about you? What's your favorite name family, and which of its variations?
    - Elise -

- lists under construction -

I think my favorite name families would have to be John and Anne. Just so much comes from each of them, it's as though you could name 40 people from each and they'd hardly be able to guess their names were related.

I also really love William and Margaret. They both have so many that I would love to use.
    Last edited by pistachio; May 23rd, 2014 at 03:51 PM.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

Hoping a little too hard for Otis Alfie . Angus Rex . Chester Malcolm . Remy Wolfram . Wren Winter . Fae Sylvana . Thora Violet . Starling Delilah

On the girls side, I would have to say Ann. My favorite variations are Anna, Annika, Anya, and Annetta.

On the boys side, I would have to say Matthew. My favorites variations are Mathias and Matteo.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Julie names: Juliet, Julie, Julia, Julianna, Julianne
    Em names: Emilia, Emma, Emmy, Emerson (on a boy)
    -et/ette names: Juliet, Colette, Nicolette, Bridget (but I dislike Bernadette)
    -an/en names for boys: Declan, Nathan, Ethan, Lucian, Owen, Evan,
    Finn names: Finley, Finnian, Griffin
    Not expecting, just love collecting names!

My name is Erin. I am 22 years old and I have loved baby names since I was 10.

Girl names: Juliet Grace, Madeline Hope, Linnea ?, Stella Rose, Emilia Colette, Clara Noelle, Violet Elora, Lydia Charlotte, Elaine Victoria, Evelyn Ruby

Boy names: Jonathan Rhys, Wesley Quinn, Evan Robert, Joel Dominic, Quinn Patrick, Dawson Cole, Judah Nathaniel, Rhys Jeremiah, Roman Gabriel, Lachlan Jude

I don't believe that Helen and Eleanor are related. Isn't Eleanor from Aliénor?

My current favorite family is from the root name Margarita.