Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Challenge - help me love boys' names!

I have received some brilliant suggestions from berries before (one of my favourite names - Alaric - I first heard after someone on here suggested it) so I thought I'd come back for more!
    My name obsession started with girls' names and I'm still struggling to have as much love for boys' names. When I recently reorganised my lists I realised that my girls' list is still more than twice as long as my boys' list.

So, my challenge for you is to suggest some boys' names that I love I find it so helpful having other people suggest names as they often suggest names that I wouldn't even think of, with origins that I wouldn't normally have an interest in.
    But, to help, this is what I usually look for in names:

- I often like Irish, Welsh and mythological names - particularly from Greek Mythology
    - I generally prefer traditional spellings - I am not bothered by pronunciation issues and usually dislike anglicised spellings
    - I dislike surnames as first names
    - I like for names to have a nice/positive/good meaning but it's not essential if I love the sound of the name
    - I prefer for names to have a variety of nickname options but, again, not essential

Some of my favourite names:
    Aneirin
    Aonghus
    Ruairi
    Ambrose
    Caspian
    Idris
    Oisin
    Remy
    Evan
    Lachlan
    Nathaniel

(as well as the ones in my signature)

Thank you in advance
    Just a 19 year old weirdly obsessed with names, no babies in the near future

Aila Anwen Arianwen Aveline Calla Caoimhe Cosima Fionnuala Hazel Hestia Josephine Rowan
    Alaric Asa Evander Ezra Jasper Leander Lucas Orion Perseus Ruairi

Ooh I love Alaric! I wonder if I suggested it lol. I like many of your other favorites too. Here are some more that I like that might fit in with that style...

Abraham
    Davis
    Donovan
    Dorian
    Everett
    Florian
    Leofric
    Pascal
    Prosper
    Ransom
    Roscoe
    Soren
    Talmadge
    Thaddeus
    Tobias
    Ulysses
    Zebedee

Emrys ( EHMrhiss )
    Evander (I pronounce it as EHVander but it is pronounced ehVANder )
    Leighton
    Phelan (FAYlynn)
    Leander
    Declan
    Deveraux
    Patrick nickname Pax
    Kenneth nn Kent or Keith
    Bryant
    Quinlan
    Flynn
    Lucan
    Rhys
    Evian
    Orion (ohRYan )

Thanks for the suggestions so far

jesba - I've actually been considering adding Abraham/Abram, I like the nicknames Abe and Bram and it has personal significance to me. Leofric is interesting, I think I'm going to try and find out more about that one. I also like Tobias.

ashleyjuliette - Emrys, Evander, Leander, Rhys and Orion are already on my list so you definitely got my style I like Lucan, I've never heard of it before.

nooshi - some of your suggestions are on my guilty pleasures list - Apollo, Poseidon, Remus I like Ephraim, Caspar, Cassian, Lysander (though I can't see it being wearable), Lorcan, Rubeus, Otto
    Just a 19 year old weirdly obsessed with names, no babies in the near future

Aila Anwen Arianwen Aveline Calla Caoimhe Cosima Fionnuala Hazel Hestia Josephine Rowan
    Alaric Asa Evander Ezra Jasper Leander Lucas Orion Perseus Ruairi