Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help! Due today and still no name!

We are totally stuck on names, both boys and girls. We are leaning towards Nordic names and I don't want names that are common in North America.

Baby has a sister, Svea Elleri, and half-brothers Bjorn, Stefan and Alexander. Dad is Swedish Canadian with a very Swedish name. I am mixed Canadian with an uncommon but North America name.

For girls I am leaning towards Lisbet or Elisabet, Lisette, and Esme. The last two are more obviously French than Nordic. I love Freya but does it sound too much like Svea?

For boys, dad loves Anders but I think it is too much like Alexander. I like Soren a lot, and also Goran which has family significance. (Goran is swedish for George which my grandfather's name.)

Please help! I would love to hear any suggestions.

Well Esme is very popular in the US so you might want to count that one out...

I agree that Anders is too close to Alexander.

I think Soren is really cool.

Calder
    Broderick
    Finn

Vali
    Justa
    Freya

I think that if you very clearly pronounce both the girls names, then Freya is different enough from Svea.

I like Lisette, and Soren from your list. I agree with cengel73 that Esme is popular, although it is my favorite on your list

Good luck, don't rush into any name if you aren't sure, and congratulations!

I love Soren for a boy! From your girls list, I like Lisbet and Lisette. Paired with her sister's name, I like Lisette the best. Svea and Lisette has a nice ring to it.
    TTC our first little one beginning December 2013!

Lucia - Linnea - Caterina - Linley - Camille
    Leo - Olin - Matteo - Emilio - Emmett

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Adore the name Soren.

Some boys names I love:
    Bertram
    Leif
    Nico

Lisette is lovely.
    Otherwise, I also have a soft spot for Unna