Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Reuben is good. And your hubby can always call him Rudiger as an affectionate nickname .

I don't think it's a terrible name, just not the nicest. I really like the suggestion of Reuben.
    All good things are wild and free.

August Leo Wilder - Caleb Orion Thomas - Flynn Alexander Bodhi
    Jasper William Finch - Brock Louis Gunnar

Emilia Grace Shiloh - Hazel Briony Ada - Imogen Florence Lux

Sorry for any typos or grammar errors, auto-correct is annoying.

If I were you I would put my foot down. If there are two parents, then naming is a collaborative process, right? If one parent vetoes a name then that really ought to be it. Maybe a bit of pushing for a name you really love, but if you are repeatedly met with a solid no, then you just have to let it go no matter how much you love it. If you hate Rudiger (and oh my days, I can see why you would, I hate it as well), tell him it's your baby as well as his and he doesn't have the right to choose a name you hate. It is not fair of him to keep on pushing for it after he knows that you really don't like it.

It is a real name - apparently it's the German form of Roger, seems to be pronounced more like ROO-dig-er from what I can hear. But I honestly don't think it's a great choice for an English-speaking country.

Rudy is a nice name. If you can reconcile yourself to it as a legal name I would suggest that and tell your husband he can use Rudiger as a nickname (there's no rule that says the nickname has to be shorter). I don't quite get Reuben -> Rudy, but if you can see that as a solution go for it! Even if it means dropping Rudy, if you like Reuben, push for that! Reuben is a beautiful name. Does your husband not have any other names that he likes?
    Emil - Gylfi - Haraldur - Ingimar - Ívar - Kjartan - Leó - Matthías - Orri - Óskar - Róbert - Sævar - Sverrir

Elísabet - Elva - Freyja - Ingileif - Ingunn - Ísabel - Lovísa - Lóa - Rósa - Sólveig - Svala - Ylfa

I don't think this is fair against neither you or your son. Besides, Rudiger is not even correct- I believe the proper version is Rüdiger, prn with a y-sound (had an awful gym teacher with this name once). You should have a saying in this as well.

Bad ass, masculine names of different sorts:
    Maximus
    Viking
    Flynn
    Colt
    Ryder (good compromise?)
    Wyatt
    Thor
    Magnus
    Orion
    Odin
    Axl
    Leonidas
    Ares
    Julius
    Zebedee
    Mars
    Perseus
    Jupiter
    Peregrine
    Apollo
    Percival
    Alastair
    Angus
    Poseidon
    Alaric
    Tristan
    Lancelot

Good luck to you!
    Last edited by svea; May 18th, 2014 at 09:18 AM.

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Milvi ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Adele ♥ Fionn ♥ Odin ♥ Ingo ♥ Thore ♥ Ellis ♥ Vilme ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~

Ruben & Ryder are great suggestions. If Rudiger is the German version of Roger, could you go with Roger on the birth certificate & Rudy & Rudiger as nn? Russell also seems like a 'strong' name to me, & Russ or Rusty are good nn.
    Lee X