Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A little gal that fits with our sibset

Help me come up with combos for a girl name that fits with our sibset so far. I would prefer a nature middle, but my husband likes family names (which I will italicize), go for it berries! Can't wait to see what you come up with! Would love to hear suggestions too if you have any. And feel free to comment with your thoughts on the individual names as well!

Here's our (Edited) list so far (with DH's ratings out of 5 beside, & my faves in bold):
    --- My full list can be found here: http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/67116 ---

Charlize 2
    Ziva 3
    Esperanza 3
    Eleni 2
    Elowen 2
    Valencia 4
    Nova 3
    Maeve 2
    Zia 3
    Freya 2
    Elora 3
    Sage 2
    Winslet 2

In consideration as Middles only:
    Ivy 2
    Olive 2
    Hazel 1
    Saffron 3
    Gaia 4
    Lorelei 3
    Last edited by truenature; May 18th, 2014 at 01:23 AM.
    Azula "Zu" Rosemary
    July 2012
    Indira "Indie" Coral
    January 2014

Planning ahead for our next additions

This is your list with the ones I think best fit Azula and Indira with my personal choices in bold...

Charlize - I don't know why I have such a soft spot for this. I just like -ees endings I think, but it definitely compliments your sibset
    Rumi - I adore this 100% for the poet, plus I love how it sounds with your daughter's names; the right amount of exotic-romance
    Zetta
    Vita - so lovely and full of life like your sibset
    Esparanza
    Gaia - beautiful, Earthy yet seemingly-modern, fits well with your daughters names whilst remaining very distinct
    Valencia
    Ursula
    Pandora
    Saffron - lovely vivid colour imagery like Azula and Indira, is also well-known yet unusual

I've cut out a lot of: ''too trendy'' (Willow is nice but understated in comparison), ''too Welsh'' (you have quite an international sibset but they slot nicely together, Gwenyth is beautiful but doesn't have the same exotic flair), ''too hippy'' (in a non-elegant way; Raven is lovely but nothing in comparison to your more subtle/romantic boho choices including your daughter's names)'' and ''too similar'' (Zafira is brilliant but then you have three quite similar names - they all seem to blur when said aloud).

I guess these are what I consider the ones which fit into the most 'streamlined' version of your style, an appropriate mix of all elements you appear to like and sound beautiful with your daughter's names.
    olivia, seventeen, obsessively maternal.

★ close to my heart / future darlings; ★
    Estella - Oona - Margaret - Imogen - Billie - Eilidh - Jemima
    Emmett - Eoghan - Wilf - Alec - Nicholas - William - Hugh

I like Charlize, Morwenna, Elowen, Juniper and Luna with Azula and Indira.
    Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Serena Elowen LivEmmeline Twila AliceSibyl Jemima IrisEsme Helena Mazarine
    Nathaniel Silvius Wilde Grover Elijah St JohnOscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector Barnaby

Charlize, Rumi, Zetta, Vita, Esparanza, Gaia & Valencia are some of my/our favourites, thanks @oliviasarah.
    @ handsallover, I love Elowen too. Part of me loves Morwenna but sometimes I think its too over the top.
    Would love to hear what more people think of each name.

Do you think I should try to avoid the -a ending names? I know I tend to gravitate to those...
    Azula "Zu" Rosemary
    July 2012
    Indira "Indie" Coral
    January 2014

Planning ahead for our next additions

Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Annabel Birdie
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------- o -------- ~ o ~ -------- o --------

heart my son