Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ellery

Ellery

Expecting baby girl number 2 in a few months and am not having the same "yes that's the name" this time around like I did with my first daughter (Milla). DH is sold on the name Ellery but I'm not sure - possibly because of another name with double 'L' and maybe also because I'm not crazy about shortening names which I know will happen with Ellery to Ellie, Ella etc. I don't hate the name and I initially suggested it, but I'm just not sold. Also having trouble with middle names. I like Violet Piper as mn (dd1 name is Milla Aria Emmy). Thoughts? Other suggestions?
    Names I like in addition to above:
    Gemma
    Jemima
    Willow
    Neve
    Indigo
    Lylah
    Billie

Any input would be greatly appreciated! TIA.
    x

I like Ellery. I can see what you're saying about the double L & it being shortened to a nn. I think it works though.

You already have lots of lovely names.. Here are some other ideas..

Milla & Evelyn
    Milla & Grace
    Milla & Paige
    Milla & Sophie
    Milla & Violet (this is gorgeous, you could bump it up to first place. I like that it has a different ending to Milla)
    Milla & Piper is also really spunky!

Edit: Oh & Tessa, Lucie & Olive might work too.
    Last edited by lee1981; May 16th, 2014 at 07:51 PM.
    Lee X

I love Ellery! It was a serious contender for us but my DH mentioned it to his mother and she let us know her opinion, quite brutally. So it put us off, but in still find it beautiful!

Ellery Violet Piper sounds nice and it flows nicely! If you love it go for it! don't let people put you off it!
    Beautiful baby girl who changed our world: Nettie Claudia Appleby ~ 25th of July 2014

Bryony|Lydia|Vera|Petra|Imogen|Sadie|Monica|Georgi ana|Anneliese|Zara|Clara|Adeline|Lois|Sophia|Elena |Aurora|Lucille|Erica|Mercy|Blythe|Felicity

Jude|Oscar|Xavier|Patrick|Bart|Felix|Nathaniel|Fre derick|Isaac|Evan|Theodore|Adam|Jasper|Callum|Ezra |Ezekiel|Henry|Samson|Niall|Percy|Barney|Seamus|Ha velock

My first thought was Emery, but that may be too close to Emmy for you....maybe Amerie? I love Gemma, Jemima, Willow, Indigo & Lilah!

Amelie
    Amoret
    Clio
    Edelie
    Estelle
    Indah
    Jessamyn
    Kirrily (keer-uh-lee)
    Lyra
    Nova
    Nera
    Nere/Nereah
    Penna
    Priya
    Rosalie
    Thea
    Verity
    Vivia
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

I like Gemma best from your list. Ellery doesn't fit style wise as well.