Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Husband’s Favourites - What do you recommend for a compromise?

Dear All,

Please see below my husband's preferences for our future girl / s... We have similar taste BUT he doesn't like Arabella & I am in love with Arabella. I would like our daughter to be named Arabella Louise. Any suggestions on how we compromise?

(These names are ranked in order of his preference)

1) Penelope
    2) Clementine
    2) Amelia

We will be using the middle name Louise, I adore all the first names but don't love any of them with Louise, none of them jump out at me... can you try to sway me?

Penelope Louise (love the name worried it is becoming too popular, dont love it with Louise)
    Clementine Louise (loved this name forever but worried it is too out there and don't like any of the nicknames.. I love classic names and also don't like it with Louise)
    Amelia Louise (love but it way too popular)

What other names would you recommend?

Thank you!
    Last edited by charlottelouise; May 15th, 2014 at 02:40 AM.

I love Arabella Louise!
    Have you considered using two middles for the combos you don't think fit well with Louise? For example Amelia Catherine Louise might sound better than just Amelia Louise. Maybe Clementine Tessa Louise and Penelope Claire Louise?
    Some other names like your favourites:
    Matilda Louise
    Rebecca Louise
    Daphne Louise
    Cora/Coraline Louise
    Fiona Louise
    Miranda Louise
    Valencia/Valentina Louise
    Isadora Louise
    Miriam Louise
    Athena Louise
    Anastasia Louise
    Cassandra Louise
    Hope this helped
    Melody ~ Esther ~ Leona ~ Helena ~ Rowena ~ Elspeth ~ Aurora ~ Hermione ~ Elowen ~ Rose ~ Clara ~ Eleanor ~ Hazel ~ Amelie ~ Audrey ~ Romilly ~ Adele ~ Polly ~ Josephine ~ Leonora

Oliver ~ Henry ~ Arthur ~ Felix ~ Theodore ~ Marcel ~ Rowan ~ Asher ~ Caspian ~ Gideon ~ Archer ~ Charlie ~ Benedict ~ Julian ~ Tristan ~ Edward ~ Maxwell ~ August ~ Christopher

Guilty Pleasures
    Artemis ~ Ophelia ~ Isolde ~ Calypso
    Magnus ~ River ~ Atticus ~ Dashiell

Well this is what I'd do if it was my husband and I. If he didn't like Arabella and I did, I wouldn't use it. I would want him to love the name we chose as much as I did.
    And as it seems as though you both love the other 3 names, I'd pick one of those. Popularity and flow doesn't matter as long as you BOTH are happy with the name- that's the most important, at least I think it is.

And personally I think all three sound great with Louise, but Penelope Louise is my favourite- super cute.
    ~ Finally starting TTC October 2014! ~

Austen Theodore|Elliott Hezekiah

Charlotte Evangeline|Matilda Florence|Adelaide Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by cheshirekat View Post
    I love Arabella Louise!
    Have you considered using two middles for the combos you don't think fit well with Louise? For example Amelia Catherine Louise might sound better than just Amelia Louise. Maybe Clementine Tessa Louise and Penelope Claire Louise?
    Some other names like your favourites:
    Matilda Louise
    Rebecca Louise
    Daphne Louise
    Cora/Coraline Louise
    Fiona Louise
    Miranda Louise
    Valencia/Valentina Louise
    Isadora Louise
    Miriam Louise
    Athena Louise
    Anastasia Louise
    Cassandra Louise
    Hope this helped
    Thank you, this is helpful. I have considered two middles names but my husband has said no. I quite like Amelia Lily Louise. I love Matilda but my husband does not.

Quote Originally Posted by sunkissedchild View Post
    Well this is what I'd do if it was my husband and I. If he didn't like Arabella and I did, I wouldn't use it. I would want him to love the name we chose as much as I did.
    And as it seems as though you both love the other 3 names, I'd pick one of those. Popularity and flow doesn't matter as long as you BOTH are happy with the name- that's the most important, at least I think it is.

And personally I think all three sound great with Louise, but Penelope Louise is my favourite- super cute.
    Thank you, Penelope Louise is my favourite too however I am not in love with it. To me, popularity and flow do matter. We won't be using the name Arabella as he doesn't like it.