Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fae or Faye

Fae or Faye

So, I'll keep this short, or else ramble.

I prefer Fae, fiance just mentioned that he prefers Faye.

I think of molasses and mauve if I stare at Faye too long, but do worry that Fae is too ZOMGZZ FANTASY!!! sometimes. I love the ae of Fae. It's just my favorite spelling

What do you like and dislike about each spelling, which do you prefer?

Middle name is still being discussed, but we're leaning hard toward Sylvana. Thank you all for your feedback on both issues!
    Last edited by pistachio; May 14th, 2014 at 06:26 PM.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan

I personally prefer the Fae or Fay spelling. The e at the end of Faye is really just for aesthetic purposes and that seems so silly to me! I think Fae is the prettiest possible variation, and I like the high fantasy aspect to it--which I think only some people will even notice, if at all (I would...and I would think it is AWESOME haha). Fae seems light and airy, it has an ethereal beauty that I don't find in Faye.

Fay is maybe a good middleground if you're worried about Fae, because it has some strong roots in fantasy (via Morgan le Fay), and is just as short, cute and sassy as Fae but I think it would be even less likely to be associated with fantasy.
    married to my prom date and best friend. anxiously awaiting our first baby, a girl called Luna, due in late October.

Faye to me has a laid-back vibe that I enjoy. Fae does lean more towards fantasy and whimsy, but I don't find that a bad thing necessarily. I do prefer Faye with a Y.
    Top Names

♀: Viveca Eulalie | Leonie Jemima | Orla Clementine | Mavis Eloise | Aziza Delphine
    | Priya Romilly | Fallon Ophelie | Saskia Noelle | Xanthe Estelle

♂: Harlan Rafferty | Ozias Everett | Archer Lorcan | Ciaran Barnaby | Hector Malachy

I love the ae in Fae as well! Plus it reminds me more of Faerie, which is more fantastical and magical, but is somehow more rooted in myths and legends; almost a bit historical. Faye's nice, but it doesn't really have the same natural, slightly mysterious and mystical feeling Fae does. Basically I love Fae! I just realised how weird this would sound out loud. :P
    Wholocked, history and chemistry loving teenberry (16).
    Hoping to be a mummy in the very distant future. Dreaming of...
    Pandora Valencia FaeEvanthe Lyra Annabeth
    Little Misses
    Caspian Sherlock WalterPhoenix Arthur Blaise
    Mister Men

Crushing on... ✦ AmadeaGeorgianaViolaPtolemyArchieHamish
    "'Mycroft' is the name you gave me; if you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."
    • Mycroft Holmes • Sherlock (BBC) • His Last Vow •

Great feedback, thank you! I figured out why I dislike Faye, besides the crazy feelings and such. There's a town about an hour away that, while it has its good parts and I'm sure some wonderful people, is not typically known as a very nice town. It starts with Faye-. It's what I keep going back to when I really think about it. I think I'll bring that up when he gets home.
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan