Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help with baby #15!!

Hi!
    This is my first post
    We have quite an unusually large family, but please don't judge us, we're not the Duggans! My two older sisters, may they rest in peace, died suddenly ten years ago and both left their children to me and my wife, and then we had kids of our own and we adopted some twins who needed a home... And so now here we are with a big old house of fourteen!
    Now to the point, although of course I didn't name all my children, me and my sisters luckily have very similar taste, but the problem now is that we are a bit stumped what to call our latest addition. We've just found out he'll be a boy, but every name we think of sounds too similar to one of our other kids.

We're very open to any and all suggestions - we like neglected classics, and my wife is Irish so Irish names are an option but not required. I don't really like surnames for names, or other relatively new names, I prefer names with a long heritage, of any nationality, but I often veer towards the Brits naming trends.

Ideally we'd love a name that's familiar although underused. I believe it's called a sweet spot name here?

Here are our other kids names for reference:
    Marcus Anthony
    Arthur James
    Heidi Elizabeth
    Saskia Harriet
    Bronwyn Imelda
    Leo Frederick
    Zuleika ('Zulu') Rose
    Rupert Peter
    Geneviève Joyce
    Aurora ('Rory') Maeve
    Penelope Catherine
    Fleur Susannah
    Fionn Lorcan
    Tadhg Redmond

Thanks berries!

Firstly... Congratulations..

Marcus Anthony
    Arthur James
    Heidi Elizabeth
    Saskia Harriet
    Bronwyn Imelda
    Leo Frederick
    Zuleika ('Zulu') Rose
    Rupert Peter
    Geneviève Joyce
    Aurora ('Rory') Maeve
    Penelope Catherine
    Fleur Susannah
    Fionn Lorcan
    Tadhg Redmond

And.....for the latest addition.. Im thinking maybe.... George/ Jorge, Jacob, Tomas, Shane, Aiden, Joseph *Joey for nickname, Charlie, Cormac, Albert / Albion * Albie for nickname, Colm, Ruadhan *addy? ( Im not sure how this is said but i like how unusual it looks), Brendan, Julian, Padraig, Oscar, Oisín, Cillian, Jose, Ciarán, Ashton, Gunner/Gunnar, Soren, Rylan/Ryland, Harlen/Harlan, Asher, Mitchell * Mitch, Brody/Brodie, Miles/Myles, Lorenzo *Enzo? Or just Enzo on its own.. Errm.. Sawyer, Noah, Nico, Danton? (not heard this before), Dalton/Daulton, Blake, Blaine, Wyatt.. Hope that helps i tried to fomd some underused ones.. but keeping it similar in style.
    Dani, (U.K Mumma) Love my kidlets Bailey & Liberty {step mum to angel Calium 17/4/02-25/06/02} <3 K.P.T <3

Crushes: (B) Phoenix, Elijah, Zeke, Logan,Vincent, Talon, Castiel, Kye, Auron, Levi, Xavier, Harley, Orion, Gunner, Marley, Blaine, Aeydn, Aaron, Roman, Zephyr, Kingsley, Niklaus, Jensen
    (G) Peyton, Ashealia, Madalynn, Ksenia, Genevieve, Isabeau, Talia, Marnie, Wynter, Sofia, Emery, Aria, Avalon, Nova, Luna, Elyse, River, Myka, Bonnie, Gracelyn (combo mine & my mums name)

Thanks, we're very excited! Definitely our last so savouring every moment

First off, I love Cillian, Oisin, Brendan and Cormac but all are relatives of my DW (is that how we refer to spouses on here? Sorry I'm such a newbie!)

We live in a very Latino area so as much as I love Jorge, he'd be one of a dozen Jorges when he gets to kindergarten.

Ooh Albie and Shane are definitely on the list of possibles! Thanks

From Rylan downwards I'm afraid they're all a little "new" and preppy for my personal taste, but thank you so much, all ideas are really genuinely appreciated, with me being so fussy and the DW having so many relatives who have all my fave names, it's hard to find the perfect name!

Sorry but I find this incredibly hard to believe. It seems unlikely that someone with fourteen kids (most of whom were adopted through unplanned circumstances) would have the space, time or money to raise another.
    Last edited by renrose; May 14th, 2014 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Changed the format of the post.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Excuse me but I don't think it is any of your business asking about a parents ability to take on another child @renrose. I think it's great that they are willing to take care of their sisters children like they were their own and they have every right to welcome another child into this earth if they so chose.

Sorry back to names now...
    First off congrats on your baby boy I would suggest naming him..
    Bruno
    Fergus
    Conrad
    Stanley
    Conan
    Darby
    Dawson
    Gordon
    Clarence
    Abner
    Barnaby
    Lachlan