Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    The more the merrier! Though if I was a moderator I would be suspicious of your story also as it is far from modern norms but going with truth until proven otherwise I say congratulations. Children are a blessing. I have three and hope for more.

I don't blame the poster for being defensive. He was simply asking for suggestions for name for him unborn baby, that, if I'm not mistaken, he said was a surprise. I think it's admirable for them to have taken in his sisters children...

And, if this is a made up story, how do you verify it?

Lastly, just because you don't agree with someone's actions/choices, doesn't mean they are wrong!

PS I've always liked the name Heidi! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by krs1970 View Post
    I don't blame the poster for being defensive. He was simply asking for suggestions for name for him unborn baby, that, if I'm not mistaken, he said was a surprise. I think it's admirable for them to have taken in his sisters children...

And, if this is a made up story, how do you verify it?

Lastly, just because you don't agree with someone's actions/choices, doesn't mean they are wrong!

PS I've always liked the name Heidi! :-)
    I don't blame him for being defensive either and I don't understand why the amount of children he has matters if it's only names he's looking for, I don't see how that's hurting anyone. I would be really put off myself if I had asked the question and gotten a response like that, I wouldn't see why I was being approached like that (even from a moderator). My mother is the oldest of 13 (none of them adopted, all from the same parents) and her mother had multiple miscarriages and she would have had 20 something children if not for the miscarriages. My own aunt is 2 years younger than me, the same age as my sister. Whether that seems credible or not it's true. My own mother had about four miscarriages and a premature baby who passed away after birth. My family therefore would have had 11 children. I'm actually really curious as to why it matters how many kids he has? I don't understand how asking for names is any issue, whether it's the 1st or the 20th child...@renrose if you could help me understand this I would be grateful

To answer your question @paddyharris93, Simon is what immediately popped into my head when I saw Leo, Rupert and Arthur!
    Declan
    Darcy, Quentin, Elliott, James, Marianne, Josephine, Henrietta
    Robin, Hazel
    Claire
    August, Hawk, Sydney, Primrose, Isis, Lavender
    gracenewgrace.blogspot.com

I don't think anyone's intent was to judge or censure a legitimate family for how many children they have or don't have. I think the point of a question like that is to ascertain whether or not the OP is faking. That certainly isn't to say that all large families are fake! But many times on baby name boards, the posters who frequent the baby name games section get a little over zealous and decide to create a new account around an imaginary family and post about it on the regular boards. Because fakery isn't allowed on the site, it's the mods' job to police that sort of thing by asking questions when someone's story seems far-fetched in any way. Improbable does not equal definitely fake, but an improbably large family is worth a second look to make sure it's legit. I seriously doubt any harm was meant!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

Quote Originally Posted by sleepysessha View Post
    I don't think anyone's intent was to judge or censure a legitimate family for how many children they have or don't have. I think the point of a question like that is to ascertain whether or not the OP is faking. That certainly isn't to say that all large families are fake! But many times on baby name boards, the posters who frequent the baby name games section get a little over zealous and decide to create a new account around an imaginary family and post about it on the regular boards. Because fakery isn't allowed on the site, it's the mods' job to police that sort of thing by asking questions when someone's story seems far-fetched in any way. Improbable does not equal definitely fake, but an improbably large family is worth a second look to make sure it's legit. I seriously doubt any harm was meant!
    I see! That explains things. That definitely makes it more understandable, thank you for clearing that up You know what when I reread it again I realize it is only offensive if it was said offensively but since tone is often misconstrued in writing it comes off more harsh than if someone was speaking it so maybe that's what was so bothersome. In any case I understand now and, I'm glad it wasn't meant harmfully
    Declan
    Darcy, Quentin, Elliott, James, Marianne, Josephine, Henrietta
    Robin, Hazel
    Claire
    August, Hawk, Sydney, Primrose, Isis, Lavender
    gracenewgrace.blogspot.com