Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vera and Alaska

Vera and Alaska

My hubby and I are getting burnt out on names and right now we don't agree on anything. The only name I am loving right now is Vera (I love that it means faith) and the only one he is loving is Alaska (too weird for me!!!)

Can you suggest some names we might both like based on these??? I just wish my hubby would like Vera too and stop suggesting these wild names! lol
    Happily married and have just found out we are expecting our first bundle of joy October 2014!!!

What about biblical women in the bible that had faith?

Such as...

http://nameberry.com/list/407/Bible-...or-Girls?all=1

Vera and Alaska are really different in style, so what name you chose now would influence your future children a lot. If you have an Alaska, then I think you are more or less obliged to pick other unusual names, and certainly say goodbye to more classic and old-fashioned names like Vera.

Maybe your husband would like Vera with the nicnkame Veruchka, Veruska, or Verusha? Valeska is another one that feels like a smash of both names. There's also Verity, Verona, Veronica, Valentina, Francesca, Annouska, Vasca, even though the meaning changes.

I think Vera Alaska would be a good compromise.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

How about a different nature name, like:
    Lake
    Lark
    Magnolia
    Sage

My great great aunts name was Vera I love that name too, my husband didnt like it either....oh well. Here's some names that are pretty:
    Mira
    Mara
    Zoe
    Aria
    Eve
    Ella
    Genevera
    Cecilia
    Cecily
    Veda
    Emelda
    Amelia
    Amaya
    Alyona
    Alyena
    Just a few that are pretty and kind of "airy" feeling
    Last edited by moatstro; May 14th, 2014 at 01:52 PM.
    Crystal Rose M.