Names Searched Right Now:

Brother or Sister for Lilian

This a question my brother-laws wife asked me to post. She is due right before we are due at the end of the year, and like us do not of they are having a boy or a girl. Our youngest is four months younger than their daughter Lilian, so we're used to being pregnancy buddies. :-)

Lilian has no middle name. They could not find a name they liked for the middle, so just left it out all together. They'd like to keep the no middle name theme. Lilian goes by her nn Lily, and they'd prefer a name that could possibly have a nickname. They wanted to name Lilian- Eliana, Liliana, or Brianna but decided against it because of mine and my husbands girls being Ellie and Anna. Brianna is Ellie's birth mothers name, so that is out. My brother in law likes just Drew. His first name is Andrew so that is out, but his wife does not like how short Drew is. They'd prefer this baby to have a longer name to make up for not having a middle name.

My sister in law is from Mexico, and would like to try to find a Spanish name that fits with Lilian, but is not necessary. Her name is Noemi (No-Amy) and when she first came to America as a young adult she changed her name to Nancy becuase people kept on mispronouncing her name, calling her Naomi. She is now going by Noemi again, and is considering naming this baby if a girl Nancy.

She would like to know your opinions on a few things. Does Nancy goes well with Lilian, and can Nancy stand alone with no middle name? Any suggestions on a boy or girls name, Spanish or not. She'd like all names to be easily said in both languages. Their last last name has two syllables and starts with an M.

Names that will not work becuase of family associations...
    Alexander
    Alejandro
    Anna
    Ellie
    Brianna
    Zachariah
    Isobel/Isabel
    Alecia
    Nicholas
    Yessi
    Jose
    Joseph

If we have a boy his name will be Scott Allen, and if a girl we are deciding between Ruby Claire and Lyla Claire. So those names are out as well. :-)

Thank you in advance for your help!!
    Last edited by shannagrace; May 14th, 2014 at 11:36 AM.

I think Nancy and Lilian make a very cute subset; they are two vintage choices, but I worry that Lilian/Lily is much more popular than Nancy, which for many people is still an old-ladies name. I do think Nancy is informal, I'd prefer it as a nickname. Noemi would be lovely!

Some ideas:
    Lucia / Lucy / Luciana
    Lidia / Lydia "Liddy"
    Noelle / Noella / Noelia
    Natalie / Natalia
    Nora
    Stella
    Marina
    Luna
    Clara
    Cecilia / Cecily
    Zoe
    Dulce / Dulcie
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Lilian and Nancy would be adorable! However, I have some other options they might like.

Francesca: Italian, but I think it has some spanish flair to it. Lots of nickname possibilities.

Aria: Love this with Lilian! Could have some cute nicknames, like Ri, Ari

Coralie: Just is fantastic with sister Lilian. Nickname Cora would be perfect. (Lily and Cora)

Rosalind/Rosalie: I've heard it's supposed to be pronounced Rah-zuh-lind but I just say rose-uh-lind. Anyway, my list says Rosalind is of Spanish origin. If that's true, then this would work well! Nickname Rosie - Lily and Rosie (okay, maybe a little flowery).

Kerensa: not Spanish, but sounds a little foreign. It's cornish, and means 'love' which is pretty cute. Nickname Kenzie is easily accessible.

Marisol: I always thought this was Spanish even though my list says Hebrew. (...?). Anyway, I think it's really pretty, and you could contrive some nice nickname from it too. Mari? Maybe even Maisie? Lily and Maisie would be fantastic.

I'll cut it off there. Good luck to you and your sister-in-law/brother! My favorite option for them would be Marisol nn Maisie.
    ~ Larissa

Olympia Primrose
    Waverly Claire ~ Amaryllis Joy
    Holiday Elise ~ Bellamy June ~ Seraphina Daisy
    Genevieve Scout ~ Romilly Violet ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Mazarine Alice ... Penrose Elizabeth

I love Lilian & Nancy! As everyone else said, they're both a bit vintage.

Some other options..

Cynthia
    Clara
    Erika
    Iris
    Irene
    Judith
    Mira
    Myra
    Patricia
    Valerie
    Valeria
    Sylvie
    Sylvia
    Sophia
    Sara

For boys..

Daniel
    Patrick
    Thomas
    Lucas
    Ruben
    Joel
    Erik
    Christian

Sorry for any repeats. Let us know what she chooses!