Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: No nicknames!

Question No nicknames!

I'm looking for a boy's name that doesn't have any obvious nickname (because I want to call my child by his name, not a NN), is more than one syllable, doesn't start with E-, and doesn't end with -m or -n.

For example, my son's name is Elliott. No "easy nickname." We just call him Elliott. And because I already have an E- named child, I'd like to have a different letter for this next one.

Oh, and I prefer names that aren't particularly common (definitely not in top 100...preferably not in top 200-300).

Thanks!

Maybe you'd like...

Colin
    Simon
    Rowan
    Austin
    Cole
    Finn or Flynn
    Miles
    Jude
    Morgan
    Ian
    Sawyer
    Duncan
    Owen
    Evan

...it's hard to come up with names that don't have a nickname!

EDIT: I realized after that a few of these (Austin, Ian, Owen, Evan) are within the top 100. But hopefully this list will give you some inspiration! Good luck!
    Last edited by claireelise; May 13th, 2014 at 07:30 PM.

Okay, here goes, no obvious nicknames, doesn't start with E and doesn't end with m or n.

Milo
    Leo
    Oscar
    Alec
    Chance
    Beau
    Cole
    James
    Jack

But James and Jack might not fit the requirement as they are popular. Good luck!

I would use the names I love. If you do not want a nickname used, then do not use a nickname. Most of my friends' children, my nieces and nephews, and my son have never used nicknames and many of the names have at least one nickname possibility, some many. Actually come to think of it, many of the neighbor kids also go by their full first name and my son's friends. I can only think of two that go by nicknames.
    Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Annabel Birdie
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------- o -------- ~ o ~ -------- o --------

heart my son

1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us