Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

First dance song?

I'm just wondering what some people had as the song for their first dance at their wedding or hope to have?

My husband and I had the song Something Stupid by Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman, originally by Carson and Gaile and more famously by Frank Sinatra and his daughter, Nancy.

Thanks!
    Molly: mummy, wife, vintage lover, and teacher!
    Married to Simon with a beautiful baby girl: Nettie Claudia Appleby

Bryony|Lydia|Vera|Petra|Imogen|Sadie|Monica|Georgi ana|Anneliese|Zara|Clara|Adeline|Lois|Sophia|Karin |Aurora|Lucille|Erica|Mercy|Blythe|Felicity

Jude|Oscar|Xavier|Patrick|Bart|Felix|Nathaniel|Fre derick|Isaac|Evan|Theodore|Adam|Jasper|Callum|Ezra |Ezekiel|Henry|Samson|Niall|Percy|Barney|Seamus|Ha velock

I don't think anyone would ever be silly enough to marry me but, if they were, I've always fancied having 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody' by Whitney Houston
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Not married yet but I'm hoping to have any of these:

Never Gonna Be Alone - Nickelback
    Just Give Me A Reason - Pink
    Everything Has Changed - Taylor Swift
    You & I - One Direction (the lyrics are cute)
    Flying Without Wings - Westlife
    Wherever You Will Go - The Calling

I did have a list at one point....

♂: Neville | Matthew | Ernest | Alfie | Louis | Christopher | Harry | James | Albert | Andrew

♀: Doris | Eleanor | Violet | Lillian | Florence | Martha | Minnie | Agatha | Freya |

DH and I had a reception in our church fellowship hall with food and visiting, so we didn't dance so no first dance. But when we were dating we always said "our" song was If I could make a living out of loving you. I can't even remember who sings it. It's a country song.

Oh, I'm a typical girl when it comes to wedding! I have a huge Pinterest board dedicated to my future wedding and an approximate plan of it in mind. I've picked a song to walk down the aisle, Dog Days Are Over by Florence + the Machine, Wouldn't It Be Nice by the Beach Boys as recessional and also maybe Bow Wow Wow's I Want Candy for cake cutting (not sure I actually want cake cutting, though). I'd also love to incorporate We Are the People by Empire of the Sun somehow, because it's "my" song, the song I self-identify with the most.
    As for the first dance song, I'm not sure. I think I would probably want it to be "our" song, but there's no "our" song yet because there's no "us" yet. If I had to choose a song today, I think I'd choose Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros.
    polina
    eighteen
    french/russian/swedish
    living in st. petersburg, russia
    university sophomore

clementine ・ jemima ・ harriet ・ mabel
    felix ・ sebastian ・ milo ・ oliver