Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Short, Sweet & Uncommon

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the site, but have had lists of favorite names for years. All of a sudden, though, none of my old favorite girls names are striking my fancy anymore- so I'm turning to the experts!

Generally, I like names that are short and sweet, easy to spell and recognizable, but uncommon. We're still a few years out from starting our family, so I'm trying to focus on names that are not trending upwards (which many of my favorites seem to be).

Here are some of my favorite boys' names. What girls' names would you put with these?

Jude
    Theo
    Quinn
    Rory
    Oliver
    Everett

Thanks so much!

Short and sweet girls' names...

Thea
    Eva
    Olive
    June
    Maya
    Claire or Clara
    Greta
    Elise
    Nora
    Calla
    Ivy
    Nola
    Willa
    Maisie

Your boys' list is fantastic!

Thank you so much! I love:
    Eva
    June- One of my favorites for girls, but can't use with Jude
    Clara
    Nora- Is this one rising quickly? Would you use Eleanor/ Eleanora with Nora as a nickname, or by itself?
    Ivy
    Willa

Great suggestions! Much appreciated!

No, you most certainly can't use June and Jude together And yes, I think Nora is rising, but it's just so classy and pretty that I couldn't resist listing it. I'd use it as a stand-alone, or as a nn for Eleanor/Eleanora/Leonora/Lenore. I think the Norah spelling is less common.

Good luck finding your new favourite girls' name! And seriously, great boys' list. My favourite is Theo.

Last edited by kyemsma; May 13th, 2014 at 10:00 AM.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb