Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wdyt of these family names?

Hi all-
    I'd really like to use family names as part of the names for my future children. The boys names were easy! The girls I struggle with-wdyt of these names and would you use it as a first or middle? Any combos you like? Thanks!
    Ashton- (yes, for a girl. My family has a long standing tradition of using surnames and boys names on girls. We love gender-bending names.)
    Dolores
    Grace
    Lee
    Martha
    Morgan
    Taylor
    Veronica

Thanks!

I think it's neat to honor family when naming.

I really love Grace (even though its popular) and Veronica for first names. The rest I would prefer as middles.

Ashton, Morgan, and Taylor I really like as a girls names and have met one girl of each. Althought Ashton spelled her name Ashtyn, which I am not crazy over.

Here is some combos of the list you gave...
    Morgan Lee- really like this
    Taylor Morgan- also really like
    Dolores Grace- also really like
    Martha Grace
    Martha Lee- this as well
    Veronica Grace
    Veronica Lee

I love old fashioned names that are typically considered "grandma names" and give them some youth by cute nicknames for them.
    Dolores- Dolly, Dottie, Lola, Dora
    Martha- Mattie, Martie, Mary
    Veronica- Vera, Vivi (vee vee), Ronnie, Nica (knee-ca)
    Happily Married Momma to two Sweet Girls & Expecting Again
    Ellie Bea 06/14/06~Anna Rose 05/16/13
    Due December 12th, 2014
    Scott Allen~or~Nyla Hope

Favorite Names for a Lil Lady:
    Ruby~Lyla~Livinia~Marcella~Amara~Colette

Favorite Names for a Lil Gent:
    Wylder~Cole~Seth~Kieran~Jonah~Micah

Favorite Guilty Pleasures:
    Grimm~Evangeline~Sanoah~Snow

I adore Grace and would use it as a first name or a middle name. It is such a gorgeous name. The other names I would personally use as middle names. I like honoring and having names with special meaning. To make them even more interesting and special I like to find ways to honor that only close family and friends would notice. We can then share with those we wish to. It also allows my child to have their own name but a name that is extra special.

Emmeline Azure o Annabel Waverly -- o -- Maebry Eloise o Story Anneliese
    Piers Lachlan o Charlie Hawthorne -- o -- Tadhg Emerson o Wilder Quinn
    ------------------------ o ------------------------ o ------------------------

heart my son

Quote Originally Posted by lovemysweeties View Post
    I adore Grace and would use it as a first name or a middle name. It is such a gorgeous name. The other names I would personally use as middle names. I like honoring and having names with special meaning. To make them even more interesting and special I like to find ways to honor that only close family and friends would notice. We can then share with those we wish to. It also allows my child to have their own name but a name that is extra special.
    I do love this idea! I've often thought about combining 2 family names or using something like Lola to honor Dolores.