Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I have two girls 16 months apart, and a boy due in a month, so about a month ago we put Elena and Felicity in the same room. Ellie is almost 3 and Lissy is almost a year and a half. It has not been that hard, I recommend it!!! Just make sure both are sleeping through the night as solid as possible beforehand. The sharing has actually improved my eldests ability to stay in her toddler bed and not treat night as game, she knows if she hops in and out she'll wake up her sister!
    Cheers,
    alphabetters

My beautiful babies:
    Elena Rose (Ellie/Laney) 2011
    Felicity Iris Ruth (Lissy) 2012
    Archer Lawrence (Archie) 2014

Favourite future names: Broderick Pearson (Brock) or Griffin Pearson (Griffers) & Georgia Pearl (Gigi)

PS I also know a mom who had 3 kids (both genders) and 3 bedrooms and chose to make one a bedroom and the other a playroom (and the third was the parents bedroom) and for her it worked really well.
    Cheers,
    alphabetters

My beautiful babies:
    Elena Rose (Ellie/Laney) 2011
    Felicity Iris Ruth (Lissy) 2012
    Archer Lawrence (Archie) 2014

Favourite future names: Broderick Pearson (Brock) or Griffin Pearson (Griffers) & Georgia Pearl (Gigi)

I'd have them share, I agree if it's not working you can separate them after some time!
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

We put our girls together when they were 2 and 6 months.

The baby was pretty much sleeping through the night, but if she happened to wake up, we'd move her to the pack-n-play in our room so she wouldn't disturb the big one. We keep a monitor under baby's crib so we can hear if she wakes up. We generally put the baby to sleep in our room in the pack-n-play until big sis falls asleep, then we transfer baby to the 'sisters room.' (That's what we call it - the Sisters Room.)

Key thing to remember = WHITE NOISE MACHINE!
    That way, when there is a bit of noise, you have a little window of time before the other little one hears it.

Now the girlies are 2.5 and 10 months, and they are somewhat used to each other. Big sis gets annoyed if little sis wakes at night, but we haven't had much of a problem. It's good for them, we think.

I've been considering this myself for when the next one. I originally was going to put them all in the same room together after baby moves out of our room, but I've now heard some horror stories of older children (toddlers) throwing things into the crib with the baby and so I think I'm going to hold off on that until the baby is at least one now.

Not that I think this is likely to happen, but knowing myself, I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night worrying about it in my new baby sleep deprived state.
    Last edited by anaxandra; May 14th, 2014 at 06:39 PM.
    Short List
    Ruby • Juliet • Victoria • Eloise • Lydia • Evelyn
    Clara • Gloria • Irene • Iris • Josephine • Eliza

Victor • Abraham • Alexander • Jasper • Elijah • Isaac
    Everett • Oliver • Frederick • Edwin • Oscar • Nathaniel