Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Should my girls share a room or sleep separately?

Looking for some advice. Our eldest daughter is almost 2 years old. She sleeps in her crib still but I think she is ready for a toddler bed now. Our younger one is 4 months, and still wakes up a couple times a night to feed so she sleeps in our room with us. Here is my question, once Indira is sleeping through the night should I put her in the same room with Azula and turn our other bedroom into a playroom, or should I just put them in separate rooms? I can see pros & cons to both scenarios, like if they shared a room I could keep their toys & things elsewhere & it might be easier to get Azula to stay in her bed, plus in a few months when they are big enough to share clothes I can have everything together... But if they are in separate rooms they will be less likely to wake each-other up constantly & they can have their own space. WDYT?
    Azula "Zu" Rosemary
    July 2012
    Indira "Indie" Coral
    January 2014

/Katie

I've had it both ways with our two oldest. Right now they are in the same room, but for a while before that they were in separate rooms. When they were littler, they did get into more trouble when they were in the same room (for example, they'd be going to bed and then I'd walk in to check on them after putting them down, and they'd be asleep on the floor, having gotten out a puzzle and taken all the books out of the bookshelf.

You could wait until Azula is a little older and give it a try. Naps are definitely tricky when they share a room, and you'll eventually find a setup that works (one of them sleeps in the playroom on a mat).
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (9), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (1)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Audrey, Naomi, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas Christopher, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Naomi, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas ("maybe")

I would try putting them in the same room and turning the other into a playroom. Definitely wait till Indira is sleeping through the night, then give it a month or so that way, to give them time to get used to it. If it is an absolute disaster after a month, you can always separate them.

I feel like if you separate them from the start, it's going to be hard to ever go to sharing a room. And the older they get, the more they will likely appreciate both the shared sleeping space (because sisters!) and the separate dedicated playroom.

My girls share a room. Always will since we had a boy with our third. If the third had been a girl there would have been three girls in the one room.

If there's the space, I'd definitely give them each their own room, especially while they're so little. That's based on my own experience with my cousins and my boyfriends two kids.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey