Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Carly

Carly

What do you think of the name Carly? Do you think it's still a nice name or does it sound too 80s/90s? I've always liked it and I have a close friend named Karly with a K so I am pretty biased towards it. I think it could work well on both a little girl and an adult too.

I tend to associate it with lots of people my age.. But I'm sure once you had a little girl any associations would disappear and it would just be her name. The sounds are beautiful, it's short & sweet!

Some other alternatives are

Kaylin
    Kayla/Caela
    Kaylie
    Kari
    Kara/Cara
    Macaria
    Orli
    Ari
    Arianne

I've always had a soft spot for it because it is one of my grams nns (Carolyn nn Carly). I prefer it as a nn for something longer but I like it by itself too.

I very seriously considered Caroline nn Carly for Quinn. I decided that a.) Caroline didn't go with my sibset b.) my gram is still alive so It'd be weird to use it and c.) my friends daughter is Karlie.

I know to Carly's that are children...one is Karlynn nn Karlie ( age 3)and the other is just Carley(7months-ish).
    Last edited by rylane46; May 12th, 2014 at 12:39 AM.
    ~*~Ames~*~

Proud mommy of three beautiful girls:
    Delaney Brooke (6-27-05)
    Ryley Kate (4-16-07)
    Quinn Michaela (6-1-13)

I like it.

It's a good name, although it's not one of my favorites. I would prefer the spelling Carlie but I guess that's just a matter of personal taste. I think it's been a bit more in the spotlight over the past few years because of the show 'iCarly'.
    23-year old name nerd/addict living in Austria
    Not pregnant or TTC, just collecting names for later.

Top 5 Boys: Brady | Lyon | Cooper | Iven | Finley
    Top 5 Girls: Elina | Loey | Holly | Junia | Zoe