Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: San Diego Trip!

San Diego Trip!

My husband and I are taking our first real vacation since getting married 4 years ago! I am so excited we leave next week! Anyway just looking for cool things to do and see why we are there we are trying to get our schedule narrowed down we will be there for a week. We know for sure we want to go to the San Diego zoo nothing else is really set in stone. We have saved money to take on the trip but would still like to try and stretch it as much as possible for activities and food.

So for those who live out there or have visited what are some great things to do and see that are not to overly priced. And what are some great places to eat?
    1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us

How exciting about your vacation! I have family that lives in that area and I have been a few times, the last time was probably like 12 years ago though. I would definitely say that going to the zoo is an awesome idea! It's incredible there, it's pretty big though and might take two days instead of one. If you can try to get to the ocean, that's always fun to do and relatively cheap. You could always pack a picnic lunch and just enjoy the day on the beach.

Enjoy your trip!
    I hope others have some good ideas of great places to eat and other neat things to do.

Thanks ya we really want to get to the tide pools at La Jolla. And will probably go to Mission Beach and Coronado Island!
    Last edited by lisa429; May 12th, 2014 at 01:31 AM.
    1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us

We lived in San Diego for a year. I loved it there.

La Jolla is lovely; go to Windansea beach if you want to watch the best surfers do their thing (La Jolla Shores, the main beach, is also very nice but much more touristy, busy, and "tame"). Parking is tricky, but this is always the case with good surf spots.

I think the best food is probably the Mexican food at the Roberto's on Carmel Valley Rd out by Torrey Pines. You can actually watch people hang-glide and paraglide sort of close to there, too, at the Torrey Pines Gliderport.

Just a note about the zoo: it's definitely awesome, but the Safari Park (north of the city, in Escondido) is better, in my opinion.

Have fun! It's a great time of year to visit. We were just there visiting friends, and it's always hard to leave.
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (8), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (baby)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Amy, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Audrey, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas, Martin ("maybe")

I'm going to second Roberto's! It may not seem like the cleanest place, but I can assure you that the food is genuine (and delicious!). I would go there every time I went to Mission Beach. Seriously the best carne asada burrito I have ever eaten. Cabrillo National Monument is quite nice. I did the touristy thing in San Diego maybe seven years ago with some friends. We did a trolley tour and it was really a great way to see parts of the city that you wouldn't normally see.