Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clara?

Clara is lovely, she seriously feels very Victorian to me. I see ribbons, curls and lace. I am considering using Clara to honour a good friend whose middle name is Clare. I agree with you, association are just that, people will form their own opinions when they meet a person with the name. It's just so beautiful. One of my friends is a massive Doctor Who fan (I never watched it,) but I've never heard her refer to a Clara, so I am a little ignorant. If anything I think of The Nutcracker way before I think of Doctor Who. If you love it, definitely consider using it.

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

Most names are also the name of a character in something who some people, somewhere, will associate the name with (does that sentence make sense?). Clara is not an uncommon name so it definitely wouldn't seem as though you were naming her after the Clara in Doctor Who. I think it would be different if it were a really uncommon name where people only had the character association.
    Clara is a lovely name, beautifully simple, classic, elegant.
    Last edited by potofgold; May 11th, 2014 at 09:52 AM.
    Just a 19 year old weirdly obsessed with names, no babies in the near future

Aila Anwen Arianwen Aveline Calla Caoimhe Cosima Fionnuala Hazel Hestia Josephine Rowan
    Alaric Asa Evander Ezra Jasper Leander Lucas Orion Perseus Ruairi

Love Clara. Has been one of my favourite names ever since I was a kid. It's super popular in Germany so I probably won't use it as first name. I love Doctor Who and right now Clara Oswald is my first association, simply because I don't know any myself (I met some but I don't know any good enough to really have them as my association).
    @handsallover, I'm interested what you don't like about the meaning of Clara?
    Polly

currently loving

Arabella | Eloise | Ida | Leonor | Ophelia | Penelope | Rosalie

August | Caspar | Elliott | Oscar | Theo

I love the name Clara! I would never associate it with Dr. Who. I think Clara has a lot of class and majesty.

@opheliaflora: I mean some personal meaning which I am not going to share.
    ● Olympia ● Literature Student

Constance TabithaSibyl JemimaTheodoraRamona ? ?
    ? Rupert Otis Grover ??Ignatius Robin