Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gwen

I'm on a real Spider-Man kick from yesterday - and Gwen is a main character in the newer movies, played by Emma Stone. Gwen Stacey's such a bad-ass character in the movie, (well, in the 2nd she is), and that's what I primarily link the name to. Gwen is perfectly fine on it's own, and honestly, I dislike it's long forms, except maybe Gwyneira ('white snow').

Maura and Gwen would be gorgeous as sisters!

Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly

I also love the name Gwen. I would say go with the full name Gwendolyn, that way she could go either way. I would spell it the more common way, I have two, as you say "superfluous y" and have always had to correct people, it can get really annoying. Plus, it is always cool to have a common theme within names, but think if you were to have any other kids, if you would be able to continue the theme. Best of luck!

Guinevere is pretty, but every time I hear it I sing the theme song to "Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders" in my head. Okay, honestly, I'm a nerd and I'd probably sing it at my kid if I had a kid named Gwen regardless of what it was short for, but still. I think it's too princess-sounding for me. LOL!

I like Gwyneth, but I worry that it's too associated with Gwyneth Paltrow. I mean, I'm barely aware of her, but the Nameberry entry for Gwyneth talks about her like she's all people will think about when they hear the name. I'm not a fan of her, so I wouldn't really want that.

I like Gwen, just Gwen, better than any of the full-names. At the same time, I think it sounds kind of incomplete. I think Gwendolen/Gwendolyn still seems like my best bet. Plus, Gwendolyn can be Gwen or Winnie, like the girl on "the Wonder Years", which is quite cutesy but suitable for a baby. Gwendolyn is pretty formal, but at least it has options and the girl could grow into it, right?
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???

I prefer Gwen as a full name.
    Maebry Eloise o Avia Juniper o Indie Rose Clementine
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Emerson Gray o Bennett Wolf
    -------------------- o -------------------- o ---------------------

heart my son

Gwendolen is beautiful! And I love Gwen as a nickname
    ~ Finally starting TTC October 2014! ~

Austen Theodore|Elliott Hezekiah

Charlotte Evangeline|Matilda Florence|Adelaide Elizabeth