Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Gwen

Gwen is a ravishing name, it makes me think of powerful Queen Guinevere and rock girl Gwen Stefani. Gwendolen is my favorite full form but there also are Gwenllian, Gwenfair, Gweneira/Gwyneira ,Gwenffrewi, Gwennan, Gwenaelle and Gwenda.
    One more thing: Gwen was used by Oscar Wilde, Arthur Hailey and Agatha Christie in their works and this fact makes me love Gwen even more!
    Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Serena Elowen LivEmmeline Twila AliceSibyl Jemima IrisEsme Helena Mazarine
    Nathaniel Silvius Wilde Grover Elijah St JohnOscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector Barnaby

For some reason, even though I love all the long versions of Gwen, I just don't like it alone, even as a nn. My favourite Gwen name is Gwenllian but I wouldn't recommend that since no one could pronounce the Welsh ll. My second favourite Gwen name is Gwenno. I just love it. It an old Welsh name for the planet Venus. I also like Gwynedd a lot, great alternative for Gwyneth, the pronounciation is the same but no actress connection. Other names I like Gwenda, Gwendolen, Gwennan, Gwenlyn.

I like it by itself and as a longer version. My favourite is definitely Gwendolyn which I think is a stunning name.

However, that being said I think Gwen has enough substance to stand on it's own. It's short, spunky and suits all ages!
    Beautiful baby girl who changed our world: Nettie Claudia Appleby ~ 25th of July 2014

Bryony|Lydia|Vera|Petra|Imogen|Sadie|Monica|Georgi ana|Anneliese|Zara|Clara|Adeline|Lois|Sophia|Elena |Aurora|Lucille|Erica|Mercy|Blythe|Felicity

Jude|Oscar|Xavier|Patrick|Bart|Felix|Nathaniel|Fre derick|Isaac|Evan|Theodore|Adam|Jasper|Callum|Ezra |Ezekiel|Henry|Samson|Niall|Percy|Barney|Seamus|Ha velock

I'm a Gwendolyn nn Gwen. I don't know that I'll ever grow into Gwendolyn. I used to utterly loathe it, now I'm like "eh, at least it's unusual." And it's kind of nice to have the option of a full name, as well as the literary connections. Still, I much much much prefer Gwen. It is absolutely me, and feels perfectly balanced. I wouldn't mind being named Gwen by itself.

That said, my favorite long forms are Guinevere (I used to desperately wish my name was Guinevere) and Gwenllian. The only one I really dislike is Gwyneth.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

Hi!

My grandmother's name was Gwenda (her mother was Welsh) and I always liked the name Gwen. We chose Gwyneth for our daughter (even though she is almost exclusively Gwen at home) and no one has ever asked me if I named her after the actress. I think Gwen can easily stand on its own (like Gwen Stefani) especially if none of the longer versions of the name grab you. I would say the names out loud and write them down over and over again with your last name and see which was sounds better to you. Good luck!