Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Gwen

Gwen is a ravishing name, it makes me think of powerful Queen Guinevere and rock girl Gwen Stefani. Gwendolen is my favorite full form but there also are Gwenllian, Gwenfair, Gweneira/Gwyneira ,Gwenffrewi, Gwennan, Gwenaelle and Gwenda.
    One more thing: Gwen was used by Oscar Wilde, Arthur Hailey and Agatha Christie in their works and this fact makes me love Gwen even more!
    ● Olympia ● Literature Student

Constance AmySibyl HelenaTabithaEmmeline Twila Liv
    Atlas Rupert Otis Grover Casimir Nathaniel Ignatius Robin

For some reason, even though I love all the long versions of Gwen, I just don't like it alone, even as a nn. My favourite Gwen name is Gwenllian but I wouldn't recommend that since no one could pronounce the Welsh ll. My second favourite Gwen name is Gwenno. I just love it. It an old Welsh name for the planet Venus. I also like Gwynedd a lot, great alternative for Gwyneth, the pronounciation is the same but no actress connection. Other names I like Gwenda, Gwendolen, Gwennan, Gwenlyn.

I like it by itself and as a longer version. My favourite is definitely Gwendolyn which I think is a stunning name.

However, that being said I think Gwen has enough substance to stand on it's own. It's short, spunky and suits all ages!
    Beautiful baby girl who changed our world: Nettie Claudia Appleby ~ 25th of July 2014

Bryony|Lydia|Vera|Petra|Imogen|Sadie|Monica|Georgi ana|Anneliese|Zara|Clara|Adeline|Lois|Sophia|Elena |Aurora|Lucille|Erica|Mercy|Blythe|Felicity

Jude|Oscar|Xavier|Patrick|Bart|Felix|Nathaniel|Fre derick|Isaac|Evan|Theodore|Adam|Jasper|Callum|Ezra |Ezekiel|Henry|Samson|Niall|Percy|Barney|Seamus|Ha velock

I'm a Gwendolyn nn Gwen. I don't know that I'll ever grow into Gwendolyn. I used to utterly loathe it, now I'm like "eh, at least it's unusual." And it's kind of nice to have the option of a full name, as well as the literary connections. Still, I much much much prefer Gwen. It is absolutely me, and feels perfectly balanced. I wouldn't mind being named Gwen by itself.

That said, my favorite long forms are Guinevere (I used to desperately wish my name was Guinevere) and Gwenllian. The only one I really dislike is Gwyneth.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

Hi!

My grandmother's name was Gwenda (her mother was Welsh) and I always liked the name Gwen. We chose Gwyneth for our daughter (even though she is almost exclusively Gwen at home) and no one has ever asked me if I named her after the actress. I think Gwen can easily stand on its own (like Gwen Stefani) especially if none of the longer versions of the name grab you. I would say the names out loud and write them down over and over again with your last name and see which was sounds better to you. Good luck!