Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which One is Your Favourite?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evanthe

46 50.00%
  • Astoria

40 43.48%
  • Dreama

3 3.26%
  • Violante

1 1.09%
  • Dahl

0 0%
  • Brunhilde

2 2.17%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Astoria is my favorite. It's been on and off my own list over the years, usually with the nickname Tori. I prounounce it uh-story-uh so the ass- sound doesn't really apply in that instance. My second pick would be Evanthe, which is lovely to say, and looks rather nice written down as well.

The other names are not really my style. Dahl seems more like a boy's name because of Roald Dahl, but what about Dahlia instead? I like Hildi as a name since I've known one named that, but Brunhilde seems too severe. I speak French so I'm afraid the word violeur comes to mind when I see Violante. I'm aware it's a variation of Violet in Italian, but I can't shake that association.
    Top Names

♀: Viveca Eulalie | Leonie Jemima | Orla Clementine | Mavis Eloise | Aziza Delphine
    | Priya Romilly | Fallon Ophelie | Saskia Noelle | Xanthe Estelle

♂: Harlan Rafferty | Ozias Everett | Archer Lorcan | Ciaran Barnaby | Hector Malachy

Evanthe for sure! I can't get behind Astoria--it's a neighborhood in Queens, NY, where a lot of my friends live. That's the only thing I think of when I hear it--sorry!

Dahlia would be stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by pacifica View Post
    Astoria is my favorite. It's been on and off my own list over the years, usually with the nickname Tori. I prounounce it uh-story-uh so the ass- sound doesn't really apply in that instance. My second pick would be Evanthe, which is lovely to say, and looks rather nice written down as well.

The other names are not really my style. Dahl seems more like a boy's name because of Roald Dahl, but what about Dahlia instead? I like Hildi as a name since I've known one named that, but Brunhilde seems too severe. I speak French so I'm afraid the word violeur comes to mind when I see Violante. I'm aware it's a variation of Violet in Italian, but I can't shake that association.
    oooh Hildi is beautiful, I've never heard that one before!

I like Hildi a lot. She was a really cool chick, a bit of a rebel, and she wrote intense poetry (we were in a college creative writing class together).
    Top Names

♀: Viveca Eulalie | Leonie Jemima | Orla Clementine | Mavis Eloise | Aziza Delphine
    | Priya Romilly | Fallon Ophelie | Saskia Noelle | Xanthe Estelle

♂: Harlan Rafferty | Ozias Everett | Archer Lorcan | Ciaran Barnaby | Hector Malachy

Quote Originally Posted by pacifica View Post
    I like Hildi a lot. She was a really cool chick, a bit of a rebel, and she wrote intense poetry (we were in a college creative writing class together).

Hildi is actually a variation of Brunhilde, so it works Lovely suggestion