Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Baby #3 due in 3 weeks - Help with boy name :)

Baby #3 is due at the end of the month & we are set on a girl name but can't seem to commit to a boy name. Our kids are Evelyn Grace (Evie) & Henry Daniel. If baby is a girl her name will be Clara Elizabeth which I adore! Our boy list is quite small as we keep circling around the same names:

John Edward

Edward Tobias - my hubby prefers this one but I really don't care for the nicknames Ed or Eddie & I know that I will likely end up calling him Eddie. I do love Edward but feel like maybe it's a little 'big' for a little boy (if that makes any sense) & I know that I can't control the nicknames.

So basically I have no clue what I'm asking for here other than maybe a little outside input since our conversations here aren't getting anywhere (mostly because of me)

Edward Tobias is absolutely stunning! I love Edward. If you dont like the nn Eddie you can call him Teddy or Dare or Ward which I think all three are adorable for a little boy!! Although I personaly prefer the full name Edward on any age.
    Good luck :-)

Just a thought...

John Edward, reminds me of the former US Senator, John Edwards, but I guess you may not always use the middle name along with his first name.

I agree with your thoughts on Edward as a first name.

Best of luck!

Both names are nice an fit within the pairing... I do agree with you about Eddie it seems inevitable to me...But since you looking for more options
    I would suggest
    Calvin John (Cal)
    Oscar Tobias (Ozzy)
    Frederick Tobias (Freddy or Rick)
    Spencer John (Spence)
    Dexter Tobias (Dex)
    Arthur Edmund (Arty)

My little brother is named Edward (after my dad, who goes by Ed). We call him Eddie and we also called him Buddy when he was a baby. If you like Edward a lot more than its nicknames, I don't think calling him Edward is necessarily too big for a little boy. I do think that you would get nicknames inevitably, though.
    While I prefer Edward to John, Edward does share an initial with Evelyn so I would see that as a potential downside. I think both Edward and John go really well with your other kids' (lovely!) names. Edward would be a more unexpected/unusual choice than John, which I like.
    Theophile | Arthur | Bernard (Bear) | Reuben | Sindri
    Garnet | Enora (Enna/Nori) | Ravenna | Haruhi | Julie