Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Thanks for sharing! And here I was thinking I might get something done today.

Argh. Juniper, Wren, and Azalea went way up! I have such mainstream taste in nature names. And my own name cracked the top 1000! Or my nickname, anyway. Gwendolyn was already pretty popular, although luckily for me I was born during its all-time low in popularity.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

Some lovely names (and some awful names - most of the kree8tive spellings don't even make sense!) have risen quite a bit (e.g. Freya, Azalea, Alma, Beatrice, Cassius, Remy). It doesn't matter how many times I tell myself the US popularity lists have no significance for me, I still get sad when I see my favourites getting more popular
    Last edited by potofgold; May 9th, 2014 at 12:45 PM.
    Just a 19 year old weirdly obsessed with names, no babies in the near future

Aila Anwen Arianwen Aveline Calla Caoimhe Cosima Fionnuala Hazel Hestia Josephine Rowan
    Alaric Asa Evander Ezra Jasper Leander Lucas Orion Perseus Ruairi

Jayceon is a rapper, apparently. But to jump that high, wow! and that spelling, ugh. Also Jaxson. Seriously? Why the extra s. Speaking of trends that need to die, misspelling it the top. It doesn't make your ordinary name unique, it just makes you look uneducated. In general I think this insane drive for uniqueness is overdone. We're not special snowflakes, people just need to get over that.

Anyway, yay for Noah! I never would have guessed a boy name would rocket to the top like that! I'm glad Jacob is done, it's a nice name and all but it's been top for a reaaally long time. I knew it's days were over, since it practically tied with Mason last year. I love Noah myself, but it's too popular and the husband doesn't care for it anyway. I'm glad it wasn't Mason though. It's an ok name but I don't understand it's popularity. I think of Mason jars too much, I think. Of course they were, are? trendy too so that may have something to do with it. Most of my favorites went up, but not too much I think. Not enough for me to care though, but I'm waiting for the state stats before really deciding. Many of my favorites are more popular in my state than the US as a whole. Sadly, Elliot/Elliott continues to rise for girls.
    I am a little surprised that Atlas is that popular. I would have thought it a little too greek mythology to be really popular but names are changing, as evidenced by Noah being number one. Although I think I'm starting to come around. Castiel! hah. I got to say I kind of wanted this one on my list as well but it's too much, I named my kid after a TV show character. Yay for Harvey! And Nixon? What's up with that? I'm glad to see Frankie shot up for boys though, even though Drew Barrymore used it for her daughter. Yay for Dorothy and Margot.
    Short List
    Ruby • Juliet • Victoria • Eloise • Lydia • Evelyn
    Clara • Gloria • Irene • Iris • Josephine • Eliza

Victor • Abraham • Alexander • Jasper • Elijah • Isaac
    Everett • Oliver • Frederick • Edwin • Oscar • Nathaniel

Valentina rose from 165 to 129! Nooo! X(

Quote Originally Posted by lovemysweeties View Post
    I literally laughed out-loud at your Say WWWWHHHAAAAAAATTTTTT. That was the first thing I noticed. It has to be a mistake.
    Lol. I think I might have laughed out loud when I first saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxandra View Post
    Jayceon is a rapper, apparently. But to jump that high, wow! and that spelling, ugh. Also Jaxson. Seriously? Why the extra s. Speaking of trends that need to die, misspelling it the top. It doesn't make your ordinary name unique, it just makes you look uneducated. In general I think this insane drive for uniqueness is overdone. We're not special snowflakes, people just need to get over that.
    Good to know about Jayceon. Still <sigh>. I agree with you on the misspellings. I mean if you want your child to be a unique snowflake, please find a name that get’s used less that 5 times a year because clearly spelling it differently isn’t working on the unique front.

Quote Originally Posted by geeknamezyo View Post
    Thanks for sharing! And here I was thinking I might get something done today.
    Aren’t you glad they put it out on a Friday? Though it has made me wonder if I can get out of brunch tomorrow morning..... nobody is going to want to talk and compare notes with me on this anyway.....hmmmm...
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)