Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eleazar

Eleazar

Quite a while ago I went through my family tree and up until about 1900 there were a lot of men in my family with the name Eleazar. I don't want a popular name at all. But I don't want a name that people don't know or would be considered weird, or that people will have a lot of trouble with. It's not popular at all, by the looks of it.

But what's your opinion on it?

I love Eleazar! It's a name I had actually forgotten about until you just reminded me, so thank you for that!

It's definitely not popular, but I don't think it is so weird that people would have a problem with it. Apparently Eleazar is a Twilight character, though I'm not a fan of the books/movies personally so I don't know if he is a big character and a good or bad one? Hopefully in a few years Twilight will be mostly forgotten anyway!

I can see Eleazar fitting in just fine with the more popular Eljah, Ezra and Ezekiel.
    Victor | Ephraim | Phineas | Alfred | Rupert

Trudy | Marceline | Ramona | Cicely | Winifred

Ooh I like Eleazar! It's definitely distinctive, but it's still familiar and doesn't seem too "out there."

I read Twilight and saw the movies (just once!) and I don't remember any character by this name, so he must not have been a major character.

I love Eleazar! He's no more troublesome than Ezekiel or Ephraim in my opinion.
    Reminds me of Elam/Eilam, another Biblical E name that deserves more attention ^^
    Åshild / Norwegian / 24 / Name Collector / Work: Daycare and the Library / Love to bake, read and listen to music

Emerence + Eulalie + Everild + Flora + Helena + Leonor + Louisa + Nimue + Ophelia + Rosalind
    Balthasar + Edmund + Emmanuel + Emrys + Ignatius + Isidor + Leonidas + Oberon + Valentine

Want to help me with my lists?
    GIRLS
    BOYS

Bloom + Blythe + Evening + Mercy + Vesper + Briar + Boone + Forest + Hawthorn + Prosper

I read that it's in twilight, but I've never read or watched it. I have friends who named their daughter from Game of Thrones which I personally hate. I hope this isn't like that... It's the only name I can come up with!

What middle names would go with Eleazar _________ Ross (our last name)? I think I'd prefer something more common for the middle name, but don't know if that'd flow.