Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Emiliana

Emiliana

Is Emiliana usable for a non-Italian girl? I have long loved the name but I don't know if it would work for a girl of most likely English and Scottish heritage in Australia.

Also no my name is not Emiliana it's Ebony
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

Are you pronouncing it uh-mee-lee-ah-nah or uh-mee-lee-ann-ah (or a totally different way)? BTW I would say the first syllable of Emily or Emma as "em", like "hem" without the H, but the beginning of Emiliana like the beginning of Amelia.

The "...ann-ah" pronunciation sounds less Italian. Emiliana looks like a smoosh of Emily and Anne/Anna, which are such established names in English that it feels totally usable in English-speaking countries.

Are you considering changing your name to Emiliana, or just curious what others think?
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Emm-eel-ee-arn-ah was how my Italian teacher pronounced it

And I've just started liking the name as a name for a future child rather then just a screen name. I would never change my name I have nothing against Ebony, I just prefer the nickname Ebs. I mentioned that it wasn't my name because it is my screen name
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆

"arn-ah"? Mmm, maybe it's the Aussie accent... there's no R in there the way I say it, or in the name at all. You take Italian lessons? It's such a melodic language (with beautiful music) and I'd love to learn it someday, but I figure I'd probably get it confused with French which I sort-of speak but not fluently.

I feel like that about Azalea too- even though it's my name on Facebook and here (kinda, I get both Azalea and Lauren), I can more imagine it on a future daughter than myself. If I ever have a daughter.

Just curious, do your teachers and other adults call you Ebony or Ebs?

(Sorry for derailing the thread )
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I did Italian in Primary school. My friend who's Italian just looked over my shoulder and pronounced it the way I did.
    My mum has called me Ebs ever since I could remember but adults and teachers call me Eb which I hate but most people call me just Ebony some people who know I don't like Eb think I don't have a nickname so I don't push Ebs its more a family nickname like my sister is Dele Bele at home some of the time but exclusively Adele everywhere else.
    ★☆★