Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Can't agree on a boys name

Hi there! I've been searching several forums & reading all your posts & suggestions, & still can't find the right boy name. I want to love it!! I thought maybe it's because I have some specific criteria, so I'll see if you can help.

I'm 34 weeks pregnant with #3 & we don't know the gender. Our first is a girl, Ainsley, and our second is a boy, Elliott. I LOVE them both and I love how they sound together. It was not intentional to have two names beginning with vowels, and both with 7 letters, so this is NOT a requirement of the third. I do have some specific things I want to include and/or avoid:

1. Preferably not ending in -n (and definitely not -gan because our last name does).
    2. No M- names. Our last name starts with M, plus I've been an MM my whole life and I'm looking for something different.
    3. Prefer to have everyone get their own letter, so no A, E, or B (hubby) names, but I'm open to considering this (if it's a great one).
    4. No popular names (definitely NOT in top 100). We like unique, but not really "out there" names.
    5. I would like it to have more than one syllable. We both sort of like Zayne, but it seems so short and plain compared to the first two (what do you think?).

The middle name will likely be either Christopher or O'Brian, depending on what we decide for the first. I absolutely LOVE O'Neill Christopher, but my hubby refuses to even consider O'Neill. I also like Quimby, Campbell, & Kyler (all with O'Brian as MN), but they all get a "no" from hubs. He likes Taryn (which sounds too feminine to me), and Keane. Hopefully these give you an idea of what we're looking for. I can't wait to hear your suggestions!

Oh, and by the way, if it's a girl, her name will be either Kyndria LeeAnn or Sonorah LeeAnn (not 100% sure yet). Feel free to vote on these, too.

Thank you!!

What about Harvey or Phinneas? I think they both sound great with Christopher or O'Brian as the MN.

And I much prefer Sonorah LeeAnn to Kyndria.

I like Zayne, even though this spelling looks quite complicated (Zane or Zayn are nicer, in my opinion). What about: Niall (pronounced like "Nile"), Quincy, Quinlan, Kendall, Cameron, Kiefer, Tristan, Calum, Teague, Ivor, Killian, Dorian, Kai, Calum, Zephyr, Zander, Xavier, Otis, Owen?

Sonora is very pretty (I do find the "h" unnecessary — I find it uncomfortable when people misspell words from other languages). I'm sorry, but Kyndria sounds like a Pokémon name; what about Kyra, Kylie, Kyriake, Kyliana, or Kyrilla?
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Perhaps Zenon? (name of an early LA gov. Zenon Trudeau)

I only know about US, popularity so I stayed away from top 100 here. If you live elsewhere, I could be completely off the mark.

Xander, Wesley, Patrick, Leo, Graham, Luca, Tanner, Theodore, Phillip, Spencer, Phoenix, Chandler, Tobias, Seamus, Harry, Cassius, Cormac, Lysander, Octavius, Dimitri, Leopold, Sylvester, Carlisle, Wayland/Wyland, Chadwick, Gunther, Viggo, Ferdinand, Odysseus, Lawrence, Cyrus

Some other names that didn't meet all the criteria:
    Ended in an N: Orion (even though you said not ending in a n, it has a similar feel to O'Brian), Griffin, Lachlan, Killian/Cillian, Caspian, Declan, Oberon
    Started with the same letter: Alistair, Benedict, Evander, Alberic, Atticus
    One syllable: Gage, Shane, Reece, Chase, Bruce

For girls, I prefer Sonorah LeeAnn.