Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: help!

help!

My husband and I officially agree on and love a name. It's Emma Luna. We're obsessed and even got all weepy (mostly me) over it.

But. . .Emma is SO ridiculously popular it hurts. I know she will end u being an Emma R. in school and I can't help but be upset by it. Still, I wonder if we will ever agree on anything else? And, of course, I really love this name.

What would you do?
    Scrap it and move on? Or not worry about its popularity?

Thanks for your input! x
    married to my prom date and best friend. anxiously awaiting our first baby, a girl called Luna, due in late October.

If you love it that much, you'll regret not using it.

Maybe you could call her by both names, they flow so well together.

Or maybe she could go by Luna in school.
    eve, miriam, dahlia, esme
    raphael, solomon, jonah, lev

If I didnt know how much you love this name, I would say scrap it. But if it made you weepy-its the right name. Im not sure if Emmeline/Emmaline would make it better? But if you are going to call her Emma than its uneccessary. I think it would be cute if she went by Emma Luna, almost like a double-barrel name! I think that if you love it this much, go for it. Good luck!
    Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!

Emma Luna is sweet, beautiful, and unexpected. You both love this name, I would definitely use it, you could really regret it if you don't. One suggestion, you could use Emma Rose Luna and call her Emma Rose. There could be other Emma Roses but I would think not many going by Emma Rose. Or Emma Grace Luna, Emma Faith Luna, Emma Hope Luna, Emma Claire Luna, Emma Quinn Luna, ...
    Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Annabel Birdie
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------- o -------- ~ o ~ -------- o --------

heart my son

I will forever be in the "if you love it, use it" camp. That said, your daughter will probably end up being 'Emma R,' so I have two suggestions. One: Swap the names around. Luna Emma will almost certainly be the only one in her class. Of course, Luna Emma doesn't have quite the same flow as Emma Luna (which is, I agree, quite lovely). Two: Use Emmeline instead of Emma. Emmeline is beautiful and underused, and has a similar sound to Emma Luna.

Good luck!
    Simon Valor | Eloise Lily | Judah Sage | Thea Marina | Felix Orion | Iris Cordelia | Roscoe Benjamin | Lydia Wren | Jasper Conroy | Phaedra Naomi | Adrian Bruno | Lucinda 'Indie' Jane | Wallace Finnegan | Sylvie Winifred | Charles 'Charlie' Elliot | Juniper Faye | Julian 'Jules' Atlas | Matilda Sailor | Marlowe Charles | Alice Elizabeth | Jack Mariner | Marigold 'Maggie' Susan

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...