Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Asta or Avalon (or something third)

Perhaps I should explain the middle name situation first as it's very if not most important to me that all the names in a combination go well together: I have an undying love for Cleopatra and Hero paired together. Those two are inseparable to both my ears and eyes. BUT I have a hard time finding a first name for the two. I am currently pondering over two names and that leaves me with the main problem of this thread: Asta or Avalon?

I have recently rediscovered my love for Asta. She isn't exceedingly popular or common in English-speaking countries but that doesn't bother me (nor do potential mispronunciations (though I reckon it's an easily pronounceable name, no?) or unfortunate associations). The only minus I can find about the combination in general is that the -ta in Asta clashes a bit with the -at- in Cleopatra.

Avalon has been on my list for ages. I have tried taking her off but I have come to the conclusion that I can't make myself do that. She's beautiful and strong but my problem with her is the fact that Avalon Cleopatra Hero sounds very... in need of a better word, grandiose. It gives me a clear inner vision of a valiant heroine (no Hero-pun intended) which isn't bad at all but I would also like a first name that eases the grandness of Cleopatra Hero a little.

So what do you think looks/sounds/feels best, Avalon Cleopatra Hero or Asta Cleopatra Hero?

Other suggestions are welcome as well (preferably in the style of the names in my signature), despite my unwavering love for Avalon and Asta (I am completely set on Cleopatra Hero, that is not changeable, but I'd like middle name suggestions for the name that is left without middle names).
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

istria cleopatra hero

avalon sounds better than asta...less repeating sounds, but not as magical as asta

azure
    aspa
    alta
    alda
    adara
    zara
    vidalia
    valora
    viva
    Last edited by evh; May 6th, 2014 at 06:15 AM.

@evh: Asta is quite magical, isn't she? I'm not sure what I feel about Istria, doesn't make my heart flutter like Avalon and Asta do but beautiful nonetheless. Alta and Viva are such beautiful names as well, I will strongly contemplate putting them on my list (Zara's already on it but I don't quite feel her with Cleopatra Hero). Thanks for your reply!
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Hey Zizou. I love Cleopatra and Hero… To me, they already feel extremely grand when paired though. Avalon is another heroic name, so maybe something less obvious but Avalon related… Morgana?
    Do you like Leocasta? I think she'd be a great mix of Cleopatra's warm lioness-ishness, and Asta's bracing cold starriness. You could use the nicknames Cleo or Asta.
    If Cleopatra Hero is set in stone, I might go with something very proper as a first name. From your lists, I think Augusta, Alexandrine, Christiane could fit the bill. And from out of left field, a guilty pleasure:
    Anemone Cleopatra Hero

I like Avalon Cleopatra Hero, but that does sound grandiose. Maybe your child could pull this up?
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando
    Freya Elysant°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Cecily°Sunniva Eliska
    vote for unusual names