Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Your thoughts on Bernadette?

My husband came across the name Bernadette and recommended it. I'm speechless, and I'm taken back with little of an opinion on the name. I'm not first certain why I don't want to love this name, maybe, you all can give me a hand on this... What are your thoughts on Bernadette? What is your first reaction (icky/clunky/dated/sleek/boring ect.)? When you hear the name, what type of person/era comes to mind? Look/feel? ect... Thank you for commenting! :-)

I kind of like it. I met a high school volleyball player named Bernadette nn Bernie last year. I don't like Bernie as a nickname, but I like the name as a whole - it seems rather chic and slightly French (even though it's German), like a curly-haired Parisian sculptor or a dark-haired chocolate conoisseur living in a chateau in Switzerland. It's also a cute character on Big Bang, for bonus points. I give Bernadette a thumbs up! Birdie might be a cute nickname in place of Bernie.
    ~ Larissa

Olympia Primrose
    Waverly Claire ~ Amaryllis Joy
    Holiday Elise ~ Bellamy June ~ Seraphina Daisy
    Genevieve Scout ~ Romilly Violet ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Mazarine Alice ... Penrose Elizabeth

I think it is very refreshing and classy. It sure beats Addison/Madison/McKayla/Mckenzie etc
    Definitely agree that Birdie would be much cuter of a nn than Bernie. I think she would be a very classy, level-headed and intelligent girl and woman.
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Due December 13, 2014 (12/13/14) It's a boy!
    Zorina, Faustine, Castalia, Vasilisa, Indrina, Calluna, Anaxandra, Hildana, Selenia, Lisandra, Satyana
    ... Alaric, Silvan, Alistair, Stellan, Rainer, Evander or Evren, Caspian, Soren, Theron, Sander, Sven

I think that it's great. I think of it as a clunky cool hipster name and I picture it on a girl who is pretty and bookish and kind of a loner. I like the Catholic old-school vibe, but I picture it as more of a name that a hip less-religious family would pick, really. I think it has a great list of potential nicknames. If Bernie doesn't work for you, why not Bette, Betty, Betsy, Bunny even?