Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Edgy Princess?

My boyfriend and I have extremely different styles. He likes "edgy" names whereas I like "princess" names and we can't find anything that appeals to both of us! Below I'll give both of our favorite lists and from those lists, can you give us some new ideas that combine the two styles? Her middle name is definitely going to be a family name, so we're trying to figure out how to combine the two styles into just a first name.

His list:
    Everest
    Hadley
    Phoenix
    Morrigan
    Mimosa
    Storm
    Kenya
    Starr
    Berlin
    River
    Ever/Everly
    Dallas
    Zaire
    Presley
    Harlow

My list:
    Penelope
    Alice
    Eleanor
    Hazel
    Louisa
    Savannah
    Sophia
    Freya
    Georgia
    Elizabeth
    Francesca
    Isabella
    Anastasia
    Margot
    Tallulah

(We have agreed to not use any of the names on list list as it isn't fair to the other person)

Some ideas:

Minerva - similar to his Mimosa, but sounds more elegant and princessy! Plus, has cute nn Minnie! Another idea that is similar would be Ginevra nn Ginny!

Skye - He likes Storm & Starr, how about Skye? Skye feels much more feminine and girly.

Isadora - You like Isabella, add the hard d and it makes it a bit tougher.

Everly feels very girly and princess-y to me (it's from his list though). How about Evelyn?

Vienna or Alaska - He seems to like place names (Dallas, Phoenix, Berlin, Everest, Kenya - Savannah from yours), why not go a bit girlier with a girlier sound and call her Vienna? Vienna is really stunning IMO!

Harper - Hazel (from your list) and Hadley and Harlow from his?

Marlowe/Marlo/Marlow - Harlow from his, Margot from yours?

Merida - He likes Moriggan, how about Merida? Merida is a real princess. Or just Morgan? Similar to Morgan is Morgana, which is like Rowena (sort of). How about Rowena?

Violet, Calla, nature names in general - he seems to like nature names, so why not find some girlier names?

Could you compromise and work with nicknames?

Francesca nn Frankie?
    Fredericka nn Freddie?
    Penelope - nn Penny?
    Persephone?

How about some entirely different names....

Niamh - (it's pronounced Ne-ev). I think it's stunning.
    Arietta - more your style than his, but he seems to like unique names.

Hope this was a bit of help!
    Henry, Viola, Ronan, Kayla, Wyatt & Tessa

Flora, Jane, Greta, Eve & Clara
    Adler, Charlie, Caleb, Gavin & Felix

What about some frilly but unusual names? Kerensa, Mazarine, or Mirabeau perhaps?

Thank you for all the thoughtful ideas! Sadly, we can't seem to agree on any of them

Minerva- I think it sounds kind of cool but my boyfriend said it makes him want to puke (harsh...)
    Skye- He likes this one a lot, but I don't find anything pretty about it
    Isadora- I think this is pretty but he doesn't like the sound of "Dora"
    Evelyn- I think it's pretty but he doesn't (he doesn't hate it but doesn't like it either)
    Vienna- He said it reminds him of hot dogs
    Alaska- Another one he likes but I just can't get behind it
    Harper/Marlow/Morgan- I don't find them pretty (but he likes them)
    Morgana- I like this because I think it makes Morgan pretty but he doesn't like it
    Rowena- Neither of us are huge fans of this (but he likes Rowen/Rowan)
    Violet/Calla- I think they're super pretty but he finds them boring
    Niamh- I think it's cool but he has a hard time saying it because it doesn't look anything like it's said
    Arietta- I like the sound but something looks off to me (he's just iffy on it)

We could *probably* use a nickname, however the name would have to be completely different and not from either of our list (and he'd both still have to be OK with the nickname).

Neither of us like Kerensa, Mazarine, or Mirabeau. Sorry!!