Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1 week to due date and need opinions

We have 3 girl names we like equally well and cannot decide, so we'd love some more opinions! Wyn would be the middle name.

Persy Wyn (we decided against Persephone, but are concerned Persy may not work as well for an older female or may be less)

Delphi Wyn (Del or Phi as a nn)

Leonie Wyn (we would call her Leo or Onie as a nn)

Let me know your thoughts !
    Last edited by karak; May 4th, 2014 at 08:46 PM.

Is Wyn the middle name?

I'm not sold on Persy. If you are ditching Persephone, why not spell it Percy? I could see why you might find that vaguely masculine and perhaps that's why you chose Persy? I agree it might not transition well, but I just think it will be difficult, even in childhood. It doesn't hold much weight. I think Peri could be a nice alternative, too.

Delphine is really lovely, but I don't at all care for it with Wyn. It's just too abrupt, to be honest, and too much N back-to-back. Again, I'm not sure if Wyn is the last name or the middle name.

Leonie and Leona are two of my absolute favorites, and Leonie Wyn sounds the best and most distinguished. Leo and Onie are interesting nicknames, but to each their own in terms of nicknames! I think Leonie is gorgeous! My vote goes to this one.
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Leonie Wyn! Leonie is one of my favorites, I think it would age well and it goes beautifully with Wyn. Delphine Wyn is too much "n" for my taste and I prefer Persephone to Persy but I really really like Leonie!
    Declan
    Darcy, Quentin, Elliott, James, Marianne, Josephine, Henrietta
    Robin, Hazel
    Claire
    August, Hawk, Sydney, Primrose, Isis, Lavender
    gracenewgrace.blogspot.com

Leonie Wyn for sure! I love that!
    ~Adelaide ~ Octavia~ Eulalie~ Clementine~ Magnolia~ Coralie~ Josephine~
    ~Frederick~ Alistair~ Malachi~ Edward~Julian~ Nathaniel ~ Theodore~

Leonie! Very sweet!