Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

All About Your Name Addiction

1) When did you start loving/liking names? What age?
    2) Why/How did you start loving/liking names?
    3) How would you describe your taste in names then?

4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it?
    5) Do you still like that name?

6) Do your friends/family make fun of you for liking names? Or do you keep it a secret?
    7) How would you describe your taste in names today?

8) Would you mind if your son/daughter liked names as much as you do when they're your age that you are now?

1) I first started loving names around 9 years old.
    2) I don't really know what kickstarted my obsession with names, it just happened.
    3) Crazy and misspelled!
    4) Yes. Lawrence Rossi (the I was silent). There was a guy I was madly in love with (at the age of 8/9) and I wanted to marry him and have his kids. And his middle name was Lawrence. And my dads middle name is Ross. And at the age of 8/9 I hated properly spelled names, I had to spell Ross; Rossi.
    5) I still like Lawrence. And I like Ross (without the silent I) XD
    6) My family doesn't approve of it. But I don't care. My friends like it.
    7) Real names. No misspellings. Usually either old fashion or different cultures (Greek). And less popular (lower than 300)
    8) I would encourage my son/daughter to like names. I mean, it'll prepare them for a real kid (WAY IN THE FUTURE)
    Girly Girls :: Lorraine Alice || Glenna Judith

Boyish Boys :: David Walter || Aubrey Mark || Warren/Wallace Keith || Maverick Jon || Gideon Robert || Darby Allen || Elijah Shepard

1) when i was about 9
    2) i hated my name and i loved the way names shaped personalities
    3) weird combinations and unique names
    4) Giannalise was my fave. I combined two random names Gianna and Annalise. I was going to name my first girl this. Now i hate it!
    5) see #4
    6) my family helps me with my names and my obsession but my friends dont know
    7) vintage and kinda unique
    8) i wouldn't care if my kid likes them or not... I will encourage them to do what they love, even if it isn't what i love

1) When did you start loving/liking names? What age? I started liking names around 5th grade (so I was probably 10 or 11).
    2) Why/How did you start loving/liking names? Not sure how it started. But I can remember saying to myself "I like this name" or "I don't like that one"
    3) How would you describe your taste in names then? My style then was with the trends. I didn't know any better.

4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it? I can remember liking Owen and Jason and Madison and Riley. I'm not sure how I came up with them, I must have known people with those names.
    5) Do you still like that name? I still love Jason and Owen, but eww Madison and Riley. What was I thinking?

6) Do your friends/family make fun of you for liking names? Or do you keep it a secret? My cousin teases me about it a little bit, but she is kind of interested in what are my favorites at the same time. I don't think my family knows the extent of my obsession. My friends like my obsession (I helped name my friend's dog) and a lot of them are writers (like me) so the naming knowledge comes in handy.
    7) How would you describe your taste in names today? I think my typical style is sweet and familiar and fun (but not common, names that you recognize but aren't used to seeing.) but right now I'm going through a classic names phase.
    8) Would you mind if your son/daughter liked names as much as you do when they're your age that you are now?
    I wouldn't mind if my kids liked names as much as I do. I'd encourage them and talk names with them all the time.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Lilia | Jane | Persephone | Alice | Ariadne | Nicoletta | Natalia |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Basil | Abram | Thomas | Samuel | Paul | Tobias | Ambrose |
    Pondering:
    | Cora | Cosima | Delia | Lena | Raphaela | Balthazar | Barnabas | Bartholomew | Ephraim | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

1) When did you start loving/liking names? What age? I've liked names since I was a young girl but things didn't really kick in until I was pregnant.
    2) Why/How did you start loving/liking names? I'm not sure what got me liking names when I was a child.
    3) How would you describe your taste in names then? I am all over the board.

4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it? Timothy, especially the nickname Timmy. I can not recall what got me liking the name. My mom thinks there was a Timmy in my preschool or kindergarten.
    5) Do you still like that name? I still like Timothy "Timmy" but not enough to ever use it.

6) Do your friends/family make fun of you for liking names? Or do you keep it a secret? I try not to bother them with it.
    7) How would you describe your taste in names today? I am all over the board. I do like having something unexpected in a combo.

8) Would you mind if your son/daughter liked names as much as you do when they're your age that you are now? My son hates names. I feel badly for his future wife. Hopefully with age, he will start getting interested, at least a little bit.
    Maebry Eloise o Emilia Sunday o Annabel Birdie
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Gray Everett
    -------- o -------- ~ o ~ -------- o --------

heart my son

OMG this is a fun idea! I love looking back down memory lane

1) When did you start loving/liking names? What age?
    I was in 5th grade, 10 years old
    2) Why/How did you start loving/liking names?
    I read a book in September of that year about a girl who was an aspiring writer. I wanted to be a writer when I grew up at that time (I still do but not as a full-time job). The girl in the book had a name book which helped her decide character names. I thought that was a decent idea. That year (it was 2009) I asked for a name book for Christmas and received one. It very quickly became known as my "name Bible". I used it so often and became so interested in all the things in the book. There was a section giving tips on how to name a baby, lists upon lists of baby names fitting certain themes, popular names throughout the decades, popular names around the world, and over 100,000 boy and girl names. I was hooked. I still have the book, five years later. It's missing the front and back covers as well as the first two pages in the front (it's about to lose a third!) and a page in the back. It's been written in, has pages dog eared that hold names I used to like, and is ripped but I still use it.
    3) How would you describe your taste in names then?
    All over the place! I went through a phase where I liked misspelled names but that wasn't until 7th grade. You'll see what I mean by all over the place in the next part.

4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it?
    Theresa Marquette. I, for some reason, loved the name Theresa! Marquette is a city in Michigan, where I lived at that time. My favorite boy name was Cody which probably spawned from my crush on Cole Sprouse (Cody in the Suite Life of Zach and Cody on Disney channel) from the year before. I also liked Cole. Full name would have been Cody Michael. I've had favorite names every year after I dropped Theresa in 7th grade. In 8th grade, I loved the name Siddalee Hope nn Siddie for girls. It was so unique and I loved that. For boys it was Hudson David. I still like Hudson but I hate David. This year it's Adalyn Faith and Carter James. It was funny, I looked back in some of my documents earlier this year and found one containing my old favorite names. I used to like McKayden for a girl! Barf!
    5) Do you still like that name?
    No, I grew out of Theresa when I discovered the nickname Tessa and realized I like that more. The next year there was a weird kid named Cody in my grade so I started disliking the name.

6) Do your friends/family make fun of you for liking names? Or do you keep it a secret?
    My parents joke about it sometimes. My sisters don't like it when I talk about names because they think it's boring but it's always a real treat when they share new names they like with me. My best friend, Lauren, is super nice and will talk about names with me. We both enjoy writing so it comes in handy if we need help with a character name.
    7) How would you describe your taste in names today?
    I hate to say it, but I like trendier names. Maybe that's because I'm a teen. I hate tacky names though, like Nevaeh.

I would be so happy! Someone to talk about names with! I wouldn't force them into names, how boring would that be if they had no interest whatsoever? But if they do have an interest in names, I would love talking with them!
    Last edited by sparkleninja18; May 4th, 2014 at 08:45 PM.
    You can call me Abby
    Competitive dancer, hopeful writer, sophomore in high school, and most importantly, name obsessed

Dreaming of a future little...
    Miss Lila Romilly or Maeve Tallulah or Moira Seraphine or Sadie Caroline or Iris Magdelen
    Mister Carter Jameson or Jasper Elias or Leo Xavier or Archer Murray or Torin Matthias

limits, like fear, is often just an illusion