Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    1) When did you start loving/liking names? What age? I was around 10 or 11. I remember being appalled that my sister had announced that if she and her boyfriend married and had kids, they would name the first Zonker, after the Doonesbury character.

2) Why/How did you start loving/liking names? I started looking at meanings and suggestions to counteract Zonker!

3) How would you describe your taste in names then? Classic.

4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it? Timothy Alexander - it just flowed nicely, and I only knew one Timothy and one Alexander. There were loads of Anthonys in my classes, so they were all answering to their first name plus either middle or last initial (middle if they had the same surname).

5) Do you still like that name? Yes!

6) Do your friends/family make fun of you for liking names? Or do you keep it a secret? I kept it a secret for a long time. Then I started collecting odd or unusual names in the cemetery, and commenting on them on FB.

7) How would you describe your taste in names today? Still fairly classic.

8) Would you mind if your son/daughter liked names as much as you do when they're your age that you are now? LOL! My 10 year old has started her own name list and taking pictures of headstones in the cemetery. She names our fish, sometimes plants, lots of stuffed animals, ...

Susan

1) When did you start loving/liking names? What age?

It's hard to say. I was always very picky about pet and doll names, determined to find just the right one.

2) Why/How did you start loving/liking names?

Probably because I always hated my name.

3) How would you describe your taste in names then?

It has evolved over the years; it was even more conservative when I was younger.

4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it?

5) Do you still love it?

I loved the name Sebastian. I still love it, and it breaks my heart to see its popularity increasing so rapidly. I also loved the name Tabitha, but I'm less enamored of it now.

6) Do your friends/family make fun of you for liking names? Or do you keep it a secret?

My husband thinks I'm nuts but, luckily, finds it charming.

7) How would you describe your taste in names today?

Fairly traditional/classic with the occasional surprise.

8) Would you mind if your son/daughter liked names as much as you do when they're your age that you are now?

I truly hope my children are more laid back about nearly everything - including names - than I am.
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

1) When did you start loving/liking names? What age? When I was 8, I loved this baby name book my baby sitter had.

2) Why/How did you start loving/liking names? I never really liked my name and I loved writing and thinking of character names.

3) How would you describe your taste in names then? Some classic and some unusual.

4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it? Renachel (Renee & Rachel), Elizabeth, Lydia

5) Do you still like that name? the last two, I still like.

1) When did you start loving/liking names? What age?
    I was in grade 7...so 12.
    2) Why/How did you start loving/liking names?
    I was just simply curious about the meaning of my own name (and the meaning of my family members' names). After I found a couple name sites I kind of just got into it. I actually didn't find Nameberry until maybe about a year after I started becoming name obsessed...ever since Nameberry...I've just come to love names more and more
    3) How would you describe your taste in names then?
    Mmm...boring 1980s probably? I liked a lot of unisex names too.
    4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it?
    Well when I was little I disliked my name (still do now) and announced to my mom I wanted it to be Stephanie instead of Kirstin. It never stuck :P I thought of it probably because my babysitter's 19 year old daughter, whose name was Stephanie, was pretty cool and so I wanted to be like her I guess.
    5) Do you still like that name?
    I don't love it like I did when I was 6 but it's an okay name. I'd rather have it over my real name still.
    6) Do your friends/family make fun of you for liking names? Or do you keep it a secret?
    My mom thought it was weird at first and now she just finds it normal for me haha. My friends thought it was weird (I think they still do...).
    7) How would you describe your taste in names today?
    All over the place. No better way to put it really. My name favorites change depending on how I'm feeling that day. Yesterday I liked Livia and Orpheus...today I like Violette and Jeremy...tomorrow it may be Samantha and Harold :P
    8) Would you mind if your son/daughter liked names as much as you do when they're your age that you are now?
    I'd be kind of a hypocrite if I did mind. Unless of course they only had an interest in them because they were having a baby (Don't really want to see my kids having kids at 16...)

Just call me Pandora...

Leandro, Viggo, Rollo, Roscoe, Felix, Florian, Apollo
    Rosalind, Imogen, Adelaide, Iris, Persephone, Ariadne, Elsa

1) When did you start loving/liking names? What age? I was probably about eight when I realized- hey, everyone has a name!

2) Why/How did you start loving/liking names? When I first got interested in names, I would write down all my friends names in a little book, then the names I knew that sounded like theirs. I would look them up when I got home, then write down all the new ones I found and liked.

3) How would you describe your taste in names then? It was extremely influenced by the people around me- for example, I liked Isabel for a while because of a girl I knew named Isabella. It was a lot more commonplace than it is now, but more trendy-common than classic-common. My style differs ridiculously now.

4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it? I'm pretty sure the first names I ever really loved were Benjamin and Danny for boys and Maeleigh and Lizzie for girls.

5) Do you still like that name? Benjamin has faded a little since I loved it before, but I still appreciate it. Danny is a lovely name, and I like it as a nickname for Donovan, but not Daniel. I currently have a cat called Lizzie, and I think Maeleigh is kind of cute, but definitely not a name I'd ever use, especially not spelled like that.

6) Do your friends/family make fun of you for liking names? Or do you keep it a secret? My mother really despises my taste in names. She doesn't like classic names (she says they're too 'old sounding'), she absolutely hates unique names (by unique I mean Niamh and Delphine), and she can't stand girly names. She named my sister and I Madison and Cassidy. She really likes common, unisex names, like Rowan, Riley, or Blake.

7) How would you describe your taste in names today? I like sort of outlandish names- having such a common name myself, I sort of feel as if I owe it to my child to make his or her name unique, at least not like you meet one around every corner. However, my nickname is spelled without correlation to my first name, so its always misspelled or my full name is mistaken for Matilda instead of Madison (which I would honestly prefer) so I make sure to always use the correct spelling of the name.

8) Would you mind if your son/daughter liked names as much as you do when they're your age that you are now? I wouldn't mind at all! Another person to talk about names with.
    Madison, 13, teenberry, writer, and dreamer
    Elizabeth Verona (Evie), Aurora Lea (Rorie), Briar Magdalene, Seraphine Dahlia, Annabeth Violet, Elysia Quinn, Stella Rose, Freya Maeve, Gwendolyn Saige

Micah Haley, Donovan Reece, Judah Matthew, Niall Maddox, Fabian Luca, Nikolai Roan, Alexei Noble, Tobin Porter, Theo Xavier

Today's Crushes: Saffron and Cassius