Results 16 to 20 of 51
Thread: All About Your Name Addiction
May 5th, 2014 11:09 AM #16
1) I started liking names around age 8 or 9, but last year is when I really fell in love with names (aged 14)
2) I started loving names because I really disliked mine. I really wanted a pretty flower name. I also obsessed over names of characters in books and TV shows. Matilda was always special to me because of the book, and Amelia and Clara are two favourites of mine which I fell in love with because of Doctor Who
3) I liked pretty and feminine names
4) I liked girly-girl names like Lily, Daisy and Emily, which were all extremely popular
5) Not really. I would never use them as they are too common where I live. I think they are sweet, but nms anymore
6) I keep it a secret, although if anyone starts talking about names, I won't stop! I think my parents would think it was weird, so I haven't told anyone
7) I prefer more unusual classical or vintage names
8) I would love to discuss names with a future son/daughter, but if they are not interested in names then that's fine too
May 5th, 2014 02:28 PM #18
1) When did you start loving/liking names? What age?
I'm not sure what my exact age was, but I can remember starting to become more interested in names towards the end of my primary school years.
2) Why/How did you start loving/liking names?
I started liking names when I was told that my favourite was an "old lady's name", so I decided to search for some new names.
3) How would you describe your taste in names then?
Classic and vintage, I think.
4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it?
Yes, I do. It was Mary. I have an interest for royalty and at the time was very interested in the Tudor period, so that's how it came about.
5) Do you still like that name?
Yes. It's on my list.
6) Do your friends/family make fun of you for liking names? Or do you keep it a secret?
I keep it as a secret usually, although when I suggest more unusual names to my family and friends, I get some confused looks.
7) How would you describe your taste in names today?
I would describe it as frilly at cutsie.
8) Would you mind if your son/daughter liked names as much as you do when they're your age that you are now?
Not at all. I would like it as we could have long discussions about our favourite names, and I guess it would come in handy when naming his or her's sibling.Teenberry, amateur photographer, name enthusiast & royalist
♡ Adelina Sophia + Magdalena Élisabeth + Isla Aveline + Elysia Rose + Ophelia Maeve♡Girls list, Boys List & Name Blog
☆ Leo Xavier + Alexander George + Isaac Peregrine + Harry Lysander + Jasper Ellis Theodore☆I pronounce the ending of Peregrine as "green" and not "grin"
Zaria + Elina + Sunniva + Leon + Barnaby + Amias
Leilani + Patience + Aglaé + Idris + Andries + Romulus
May 5th, 2014 02:56 PM #20Senior Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2013
1) When did you start loving/liking names? What age? about 4 or 5
2) Why/How did you start loving/liking names? I met a girl called Ava
3) How would you describe your taste in names then? Mostly crazy, wacky and misspelled
4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it? Ava, I just loved it's beauty and simplicity and it made me fascinated by names
5) Do you still like that name? definitely, I don't love it's popularity though!
6) Do your friends/family make fun of you for liking names? Or do you keep it a secret? I haven't told them. They would think I'm crazy and be paranoid about me getting pregnant
7) How would you describe your taste in names today? I don't know, I prefer unusual names (not top 100, preferably not top 500), Celtic, Greek, lots of things really. But 100% not incorrectly spelt, boys' names on girls, surname names or trendy names
8) Would you mind if your son/daughter liked names as much as you do when they're your age that you are now? I think it'd be greatJust a 20 year old weirdly obsessed with names, no babies in the near future
Aila Anwen Arianwen Aveline Calla Caoimhe Cosima Fionnuala Hazel Hestia Josephine Rowan
Alaric Asa Evander Ezra Jasper Leander Lucas Orion Perseus Ruairi
♥ Hazel Arianwen ♥ Asa Benjamin ♥
♥ Rowan Oriana ♥ Lucas Orion ♥
May 5th, 2014 03:16 PM #22Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2012
1) I started liking names around age 5
2) I loved playing with toys and dolls and one of my favorite parts of getting a new toy was naming it.
3) When I was five I guess it was very dated, since the people around me had very dated 80's/90's names even though back then they weren't considered dated. So I guess you could call it trendy
4) The first name I ever loved was Fiona. It was the name of the main character on my favorite T.V show (So Weird) and I remember absolutely loving the sound of it and I called all my dolls Fiona for a while.
5) Kind of. I do like Fiona but its not something I'm crazy about anymore or that I could picture using.
6) I keep it mostly a secret from my friends and family. My sister has discovered it though just from spying and she does tease me from time to time but only when she catches me looking at names. I don't like to tell people about it because I worried they'll think I'm planning a baby at the age of 19! I think my sister thinks I am and thats why she spies on me.
7) Classic to classic unusual. I love names like Jack, Oliver, Anna and Charlotte. But I also like names like August, Everett, Evangeline & Georgiana.
8) Not at all. I understand the attraction so I think it'd be cool. No pressure though.
Last edited by violetgray; May 5th, 2014 at 03:18 PM.Violet Gray
No longer a teenager, still sad and name-obsessed
Jude, Theo, Luca, Oliver l Eliza, Rose, Kate, Dahlia
May 5th, 2014 03:22 PM #24Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2014
Fun post! My name is Jocelyn by the way, I'm 22 now and new to Nameberry, but I've been posting on baby name forums since I was 14.
1) When did you start loving/liking names? What age? For as long as I can remember, I've always had a favorite name picked out. My first one was Maya, when I was about 5-6, and I didn't even know anyone named Maya. Real addiction kicked off when I got my mom to buy me a baby name pamphlet in the grocery store checkout line when I was 10.
2) Why/How did you start loving/liking names? I don't even know, I think it's similar to my love for languages though. I also tend to associate feelings/moods very strongly with the "textures" of sounds/words/names... that's a little hard to explain, but it makes names really interesting for me.
3) How would you describe your taste in names then? As a little kid? I only thought about girl names until I was probably 13, but I liked girl names that were pretty, feminine, girly-sounding. I never liked really common ones.
4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it? I liked Hannah when I was very little because I had an older friend named Hannah, but I say my first favorite was Maya (age 5-6) because I liked it even though I didn't know anyone with that name. It was my favorite for a couple years probably. My first serious name love was Ananda, which I found in aforementioned grocery store pamphlet (age 10).
5) Do you still like that name? I like Maya okay, but I definitely wouldn't us it. Ananda stayed on my list until I was 16 or 17, sometimes it still shows up there but I think I'd be more likely to use it for a pet now.
6) Do your friends/family make fun of you for liking names? Or do you keep it a secret? Only my sister knows, and she makes fun of me for it. But I also know she has her own list, and she's shared it with me when I bug her enough. :P
7) How would you describe your taste in names today? I like names that have history. I would say earthy - I like a lot of nature names, but also names that have an earthy, grounded feel to them. Quirky, sprinkling of foreign, often leaning towards moldy-oldy.
8) Would you mind if your son/daughter liked names as much as you do when they're your age that you are now? I would think it was awesome. I'd probably bug them to discuss combos with me.
Last edited by anandawren; May 5th, 2014 at 03:27 PM. Reason: fiddling with formatting~ Jocelyn ~
dancer, knitter, college student, name geek
Current favorites: Seren, Iris, Kerensa, Harper, Zosia | Rowan, Luca Everett, Julius, Niilo