Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Great post!

1) I started liking names around age 8 or 9, but last year is when I really fell in love with names (aged 14)
    2) I started loving names because I really disliked mine. I really wanted a pretty flower name. I also obsessed over names of characters in books and TV shows. Matilda was always special to me because of the book, and Amelia and Clara are two favourites of mine which I fell in love with because of Doctor Who
    3) I liked pretty and feminine names

4) I liked girly-girl names like Lily, Daisy and Emily, which were all extremely popular
    5) Not really. I would never use them as they are too common where I live. I think they are sweet, but nms anymore

6) I keep it a secret, although if anyone starts talking about names, I won't stop! I think my parents would think it was weird, so I haven't told anyone
    7) I prefer more unusual classical or vintage names

8) I would love to discuss names with a future son/daughter, but if they are not interested in names then that's fine too

1) When did you start loving/liking names? What age?
    For as long as I can remember, really. I have name lists from when I was around 10 or 11.

2) Why/How did you start loving/liking names?
    Probably through wishing my name was something else! I remember when I was around six, I met a girl named Hannah, a name I thought was so lovely and I asked my mother why she didn't call me Hannah. Lol! Now I feel comfortable with my name and wouldn't want it to be something different.

3) How would you describe your taste in names then?
    I mostly liked popular names: Chloe, Sophie, Freya. They are still very popular, actually.

4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it?
    Sophie, though I can't remember how I came up with it.

5) Do you still like that name?
    Yes, though now I like Sophia more.

6) Do your friends/family make fun of you for liking names? Or do you keep it a secret?
    My family are aware of it and find it quite strange that I would be so interested in names even though I'm not pregnant. My boyfriend also knows; he finds it cute! I don't really discuss it with my friends.

7) How would you describe your taste in names today?
    For the names I would choose for children? Unusual but recognizable. I prefer names that stand out but are not totally unfamiliar to the average person. I wouldn't want my children to have to deal with the hassle of significant spelling and pronunciation problems. Also, I prefer established names that have a history and some kind of cultural significance (e.g. literary or mythological connections).

8) Would you mind if your son/daughter liked names as much as you do when they're your age that you are now?
    It doesn't bother me, but I wouldn't deliberately encourage it.

1) When did you start loving/liking names? What age?
    I'm not sure what my exact age was, but I can remember starting to become more interested in names towards the end of my primary school years.

2) Why/How did you start loving/liking names?
    I started liking names when I was told that my favourite was an "old lady's name", so I decided to search for some new names.

3) How would you describe your taste in names then?

Classic and vintage, I think.

4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it?

Yes, I do. It was Mary. I have an interest for royalty and at the time was very interested in the Tudor period, so that's how it came about.

5) Do you still like that name?

Yes. It's on my list.

6) Do your friends/family make fun of you for liking names? Or do you keep it a secret?

I keep it as a secret usually, although when I suggest more unusual names to my family and friends, I get some confused looks.

7) How would you describe your taste in names today?

I would describe it as frilly at cutsie.

8) Would you mind if your son/daughter liked names as much as you do when they're your age that you are now?
    Not at all. I would like it as we could have long discussions about our favourite names, and I guess it would come in handy when naming his or her's sibling.
    I'm a Teenberry who is mad about names, royals & history. Not expecting, just collecting.

Adelina Sophia ♕ Magdalena Élisabeth ♕ Isla Aveline
    Leo Xavier ♕ Alexander George ♕ Thomas Archie

Lists: Girls names, Boys names and Combinations!

Crushes: Joy, Beline, Emiliana, Melusine, Désirée, Amadeus, Tristan, Octavius and Joshua
    GP Crushes: Holiday, Cherish, Ludovico and Zadok

1) When did you start loving/liking names? What age? about 4 or 5
    2) Why/How did you start loving/liking names? I met a girl called Ava
    3) How would you describe your taste in names then? Mostly crazy, wacky and misspelled
    4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it? Ava, I just loved it's beauty and simplicity and it made me fascinated by names
    5) Do you still like that name? definitely, I don't love it's popularity though!
    6) Do your friends/family make fun of you for liking names? Or do you keep it a secret? I haven't told them. They would think I'm crazy and be paranoid about me getting pregnant
    7) How would you describe your taste in names today? I don't know, I prefer unusual names (not top 100, preferably not top 500), Celtic, Greek, lots of things really. But 100% not incorrectly spelt, boys' names on girls, surname names or trendy names
    8) Would you mind if your son/daughter liked names as much as you do when they're your age that you are now? I think it'd be great
    Just a 19 year old weirdly obsessed with names, no babies in the near future

Aila Anwen Arianwen Aveline Calla Caoimhe Cosima Fionnuala Hazel Hestia Josephine Rowan
    Alaric Asa Evander Ezra Jasper Leander Lucas Orion Perseus Ruairi

1) I started liking names around age 5
    2) I loved playing with toys and dolls and one of my favorite parts of getting a new toy was naming it.
    3) When I was five I guess it was very dated, since the people around me had very dated 80's/90's names even though back then they weren't considered dated. So I guess you could call it trendy

4) The first name I ever loved was Fiona. It was the name of the main character on my favorite T.V show (So Weird) and I remember absolutely loving the sound of it and I called all my dolls Fiona for a while.
    5) Kind of. I do like Fiona but its not something I'm crazy about anymore or that I could picture using.

6) I keep it mostly a secret from my friends and family. My sister has discovered it though just from spying and she does tease me from time to time but only when she catches me looking at names. I don't like to tell people about it because I worried they'll think I'm planning a baby at the age of 19! I think my sister thinks I am and thats why she spies on me.
    7) Classic to classic unusual. I love names like Jack, Oliver, Anna and Charlotte. But I also like names like August, Everett, Evangeline & Georgiana.

8) Not at all. I understand the attraction so I think it'd be cool. No pressure though.
    Last edited by violetgray; May 5th, 2014 at 02:18 PM.
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia