Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    1) When did you start loving/liking names? What age?

I'm not sure when it started. I always loved names!

2) Why/How did you start loving/liking names?

I started loving names when I realized I was the only girl I knew who gave their Barbie dolls first, middle, AND last names! I always loved naming things, and when I discovered the game The Sims when I was in 5th grade, I made my sim families huge, so I could keep on giving out names to everyone.

3) How would you describe your taste in names then?

When I was younger, I really liked names that were popular in the 80s and 90s. Growing up in the early 2000s, all my baby sitters were named Brittney, Stephanie, Kimmy, Hillary, and so on. Now, I'm really into more vintage names like Alice, Juliette, Mae, Vera, and so on.

4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it?

I loved Kimberly, Hillary, Brittney, Tiffany, Ashley, Miranda, and Lindsey when I was really little. Some were based off of Celebrities I liked (Brittney Spears, Hillary Duff), but most were the names of my favorite baby sitters, like Lindsey and Kimberly (who we called Kimmy). But when I was around 8, I fell in love with the name Gwen, because of the character on the TV show Total Drama Island : )

5) Do you still like that name?
    I don't really like those 80s and 90s names anymore. I still kind of like Tiffany, because of the jewelery store and Breakfast at Tiffany's. But I still love Gwen.

6) Do your friends/family make fun of you for liking names? Or do you keep it a secret?

My sisters think it's so weird that I love names, along with a couple of my friends. My Dad doesn't really care though. But my mom and one of my best friends also are addicted to names! My mom tells me all of the names she wanted to name me and my two sisters (she liked Fiona, Hanna, Susannah, Isla, Mary Claire, and Michaela). My best friend and I love talking about names we want to name our future children. She loves names with meaning, while I love names with elegance.

7) How would you describe your taste in names today?

Like I said, I like classic vintage names a lot on girls. As for boys, I like surnames as first names on them. I'd like a son named Bentley or Fallon : ). I'm also really into Welsh, Irish, and Celtic names for some reason!

8) Would you mind if your son/daughter liked names as much as you do when they're your age that you are now?

I wouldn't mind. I'd like them to respect names, so that when they're older, they give names that they love, and not just throw a random name from the Top 10 names list onto their child.

1) When did you start loving/liking names? What age? I've enjoyed names/naming for as long as I can remember, actually.
    2) Why/How did you start loving/liking names? Naming my baby dolls, I think.
    3) How would you describe your taste in names then? I'd say it was about 1999 when I started really naming things legitimate names. My favorites were Brittany, Michelle and Elizabeth. However, Brittany was because I loved my cousin Brittany and Michelle was because I loved my middle name, so Elizabeth is the only one I really "came up with." Traditional, I suppose.

4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it? Brittany, due to that cousin I mentioned.
    5) Do you still like that name? Not particularly. I still like Michelle and Elizabeth though.

6) Do your friends/family make fun of you for liking names? Or do you keep it a secret? No. My mom and I name everything. My car is Louie, hers is Barbie. My coffeemaker is Pierre, hers is Henry.
    7) How would you describe your taste in names today? I charming vintage names for gals and quirkier, semi-traditional names for gents.

8) Would you mind if your son/daughter liked names as much as you do when they're your age that you are now? No? It's just an interest. Plus, I'm an adult, so. . .
    Ashley l Christian l Journalist

Lists Under Construction

I'm not really sure, but I was around 9 or 10 when I started making name lists

Again not sure! Maybe because my siblings and I had such unusual names? (Jemima (me), Gret3l and B@rnaby)

Hmmm. My taste varied wildly. A lot of the time it was character names in books that I loved (e.g. Heidi and Matilda were long-time favourites).

4) Do you remember your first ever name you loved? What was it? How'd you come up with it?
    Probably Penelope. When I was six I named my baby doll Penelope.

It's one of my favourites. I hate how popular it's become, though.

6) Do your friends/family make fun of you for liking names? Or do you keep it a secret?
    I'm mostly pretty quiet about it, but I am definitely known in my family for saying, "What do you think of [name]? Do you like it?" I do get made fun of for it

Quirky, uncommon, British, old-fashioned.

8) Would you mind if your son/daughter liked names as much as you do when they're your age that you are now?
    I think I'd love it My naming days would be over and I would love to chat about names still! I just hope they like their own names!
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Seraphina *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

1) I started really getting into names properly about 2 or 3 years ago when I was 18/19
    2) I got into them because found a youtube channel all about baby names and loved it
    3) I didn't really have a taste at the time - I was sorta trying to figure out what I liked at the tine

4) The first name I ever loved was Elodie because I saw it in a French text book at school, I think I was about 14 or 15
    5) I do still like it, but I don't think I'd ever use it.

6) I don't really tell my family and friends about my love for names. I don't intentionally keep it a secret, it's just not a big deal to me or something I feel the need to talk about. I do however actively not talk about it around my boyfriend because it'd freak him out BIG TIME!
    7) For girls, my taste a little classic, vintage but not too common. For boys, I really don't have a specific taste. I tend to just like random ones.

8) I wouldn't mind if my kids liked names at the age I am now, since I'm a grown adult.
    ╔══════════════╗
    Sophie

Lorelai Violet - Louisa Mae - Clara Elizabeth - Verity Jane - Isla Genevieve

Dashiell Emmett - Theo Lucian - Leo Benjamin - Finley Cassius - Eli Oliver

╚══════════════╝

From as young as I can remember (see following answer). But the first time I loved a name and started to take it seriously, I would have been about 8.

I don't have a middle name, and my mum always says that when I was little, I used to get her to read baby books to me so I could pick names for myself. My brother is a few years younger than me, and although I am too young to remember this, apparently when he was born, I would only call him Penelope because I thought it was better than Nathan. Anyway, my sister and I still call him Penelope as a pet name :P

Well I'm not exactly sure how to describe my taste in names, even now, but I'd say probably more classic.

Yes. I started loving Austen for a boy and Elizabeth for a girl at the same time, I was 8 years old. My Mum is a massive Jane Austen fan, and would always read the books, and watch the movies, and I remember that when I was 8 Mum finally let me watch Jane Austen with her. Elizabeth Bennett straight away was my hero, but there was so many incredible male characters. So Austen was my name for all the Jane Austen men.

Yes, I adore Austen. It's my number one boy name. Not only because of the homage to Jane Austen, or the memories I share with my Mum with this name, but I also love the history behind the name. It's derived for Augustus/Augusten, and my husband and I met in August, which makes the name extra special.
    I still love Elizabeth too (and it's also my Mum's name), but no name is as special to me as Austen is.

Some people definitely think it's strange, like my older sister. My younger sister who's 11 loves names too, so we always compare names, and usually end up fighting over names because we have the same taste!

I'd say my taste hasn't changed much or at all. I definitely like classic names with a rich history, Charlotte, Matilda, Theodore etc, and more uncommon Biblical names like Hezekiah and Elisha too.

Absolutely not. I'm almost 23. Plus my husband (thanks to me), loves names now too, and even has a nameberry account, so our kids will have to like names just to fit in :P
    In all seriousness, it's a great hobby. I don't know why anyone would mind.
    Last edited by sunkissedchild; May 6th, 2014 at 01:41 AM. Reason: punctuation
    ~ Married ~ Planning TTC Late 2014 ~

Austen Theodore|Elliott Hezekiah

Charlotte Evangeline|Matilda Florence|Adelaide Elizabeth