Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reina Persephone - weird together because...?

Persephone was the queen of the Underworld in Greek mythology. Reina is a name that means "queen."

Would Reina Persephone be a weird first and middle name combo due to the similar meanings? Or does it pass scrutiny (ie most people wouldn't notice/care)?
    Name list currently being rebuilt!

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about." - Oscar Wilde

I would never know. I know Reine in french is queen, and I've heard the story of Persephone, but I would never make the connection. Also, most people won't know her middle name. I think it's a beautiful combo!
    Isla, Sadie, Neva, Thalia, Leora, Sylvia, Maeve, Flora, Aria & Tessa
    Noah, Henry, Ronan, Wyatt, August, Caleb, Grant, Charlie, Flynn & Alfie

I think it's gorgeous. I might make the connection if I thought about it, but my first impression wouldn't be negative at all. Also, I think it's very regal without being one of those 'impossible to live up to' names, like if you just named her Queen or Princess.

Thanks everyone Glad to hear mostly thumbs-up, since I'm really loving the names together atm.
    Name list currently being rebuilt!

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about." - Oscar Wilde

Persephone doesn't "mean" queen of underworld. It just the name of queen of underworld. But if Greeks spoke Spanish, they would probably call her Queen Persephone.