Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Nothing Else We Love!

Hello there! Long time lurker, new member here! My husband and I are expecting our first baby, a little princess!

Both of us love the sound and idea of the name Sophia; however, we both really dislike how popular it is and don't want our daughter to be one of many Sophia's in her class.

We're trying to find names that give us that same happy feeling but have come up short. We don't like Sophie, Sophronia, Sophora, or any of the other ones similar.

Can you please help us out? We want something that has that girly and sweet feeling that Sophia does, but something much less common. I'd rather not post our last name due to personal and security reasons; but it begins with the letter B, ends with G, and is two syllables long.

Thanks!

How about Sonia, Celia, or Sylvia? Sylvie?

Just a 19 year old weirdly obsessed with names, no babies in the near future

Aila Anwen Arianwen Aveline Calla Caoimhe Cosima Fionnuala Hazel Hestia Josephine Rowan
    Alaric Asa Evander Ezra Jasper Leander Lucas Orion Perseus Ruairi

I've always felt like Fiona shared a very similar vibe with Sophia.

Linda and Pam say:
    Sophia's only downside is its huge popularity. Alternative baby names you might want to consider: Sophie, Seraphina, Susannah, Zofia.
    I'm not sure how adventurous you are, but I think that Zosia is awesome.
    The previous poster, emma, had some good suggestions as well.
    A few other possibilities:
    Cecilia
    Fiona
    Anastasia
    Aria
    Bria
    Sapphira