Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Anna Juliet is so beautiful!

I don't think it's regret per se but a sense of loss over all the lovely names we can't use

I agree with the pp - Anna Juliet is just lovely, and I think you may be having some sense of loss over the names you cannot use;
    I know I did! How about the nn Annie Jo for your little one?
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Audrey & Patrick Elliot, Catherine Grace & James Frederick, Claire Elizabeth & Luke Alexander

Thanks again everyone! I think it is a sense of loss over the names I can't use and maybe just a little regret at having not fought harder for Charlotte. My husband didn't like it at first, but he is easily swayed about names. I didn't fight him too much on it because I thought Charlotte was getting too popular anyways. I grew up with a really popular 80s name, so I didn't want that for my kids. But sometimes I'm not sure if popularity matters as much as I think. Oh well! I will probably be glad in 5 years when she's totally grown into her name. Until then, you've given me some great nicknames to work with. Thank you!

I had the same problem after having my daughter: my husband did not like Caroline with our 10-letter surname, so we went with Emily, which is lovely. However, some 10 years later, I still have some naming regrets. Emily loves her name, and she definitely IS an Emily, not a Caroline.

I am sure your daughter will love her name just as much!
    Last edited by kyemsma; May 5th, 2014 at 05:43 PM.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Audrey & Patrick Elliot, Catherine Grace & James Frederick, Claire Elizabeth & Luke Alexander

My name is Anna Jenny- AJ is always an option. I know many Anna's- it is a name that could suit anyone. I love my name! She will grow into it...