Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Anna Juliet is so beautiful!

I don't think it's regret per se but a sense of loss over all the lovely names we can't use

I agree with the pp - Anna Juliet is just lovely, and I think you may be having some sense of loss over the names you cannot use;
    I know I did! How about the nn Annie Jo for your little one?
    Anastasia Pearl, Caroline Audrey, Catherine Maeve,
    Elizabeth Jane, Grace Charlotte, Rose Genevieve

Benjamin Clark, Jack Ronan, James Frederick,
    Liam David, Luke Alexander, Patrick Elliot

Thanks again everyone! I think it is a sense of loss over the names I can't use and maybe just a little regret at having not fought harder for Charlotte. My husband didn't like it at first, but he is easily swayed about names. I didn't fight him too much on it because I thought Charlotte was getting too popular anyways. I grew up with a really popular 80s name, so I didn't want that for my kids. But sometimes I'm not sure if popularity matters as much as I think. Oh well! I will probably be glad in 5 years when she's totally grown into her name. Until then, you've given me some great nicknames to work with. Thank you!

I had the same problem after having my daughter: my husband did not like Caroline with our 10-letter surname, so we went with Emily, which is lovely. However, some 10 years later, I still have some naming regrets. Emily loves her name, and she definitely IS an Emily, not a Caroline.

I am sure your daughter will love her name just as much!
    Last edited by kyemsma; May 5th, 2014 at 04:43 PM.
    Anastasia Pearl, Caroline Audrey, Catherine Maeve,
    Elizabeth Jane, Grace Charlotte, Rose Genevieve

Benjamin Clark, Jack Ronan, James Frederick,
    Liam David, Luke Alexander, Patrick Elliot

My name is Anna Jenny- AJ is always an option. I know many Anna's- it is a name that could suit anyone. I love my name! She will grow into it...