Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Irish names?

Irish names?

My dad was Irish so my husband and I are thinking of maybe honouring my dad in the naming of our child. My dad's names were Seamus Declan and we can't really find a name for a girl that we like out of either of his names - however when we have a little boy it's a definite contender - but we have decided to definitely use an Irish/Gaelic name for our daughter.

So far the only one we both really like is Nora and we kind of like Bridget.

Any suggestions? Middle name is Marie after my mum.

Thanks!
    Beautiful baby girl who changed our world: Nettie Claudia Appleby ~ 25th of July 2014

Bryony|Lydia|Vera|Petra|Imogen|Sadie|Monica|Georgi ana|Anneliese|Zara|Clara|Adeline|Lois|Sophia|Elena |Aurora|Lucille|Erica|Mercy|Blythe|Felicity

Jude|Oscar|Xavier|Patrick|Bart|Felix|Nathaniel|Fre derick|Isaac|Evan|Theodore|Adam|Jasper|Callum|Ezra |Ezekiel|Henry|Samson|Niall|Percy|Barney|Seamus|Ha velock

Sorry if I'm not much help but there is Niamh, Saoirse, Máirèad (says its scottish but its also irish pronounced ma-raid)?
    TTC <3

Ladies - Alice Victoria or Poppy Victoria
    Gents - *under construction *

Here's a link to a really wonderful site that can help you with the pronunciations and variations.

http://www.babynamesofireland.com/

Best of luck!
    SARA_CHO_CHO

Fionnuala is my favourite Irish name, so that would definitely be my suggestion. It's so eloquent and sounds smashing. I also have a fondness for Siobhan and Siobhan Marie sounds lovely. Oh, and Yseult.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda/Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda/Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Elessar Oisín • Aviaaja Agnes Lúthien "Avi"

Young Name Lover,
    and bearer of an old lady name with a spunky nickname.
    Edie
    Emmeline Louise ~ Elsbeth Sabine ~ Philippa Rose ~ Theodora Claire ~ Matilda Pearl ~ Clementine Lucia
    Elijah James ~ Alistair Felix ~ Atticus Harry ~ Milo Quincy ~ Archer Hamish ~ Cyrus Augustine ~ Cassius Oliver