Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

vintage 40's and 50's names?

My cousin is pregnant with her first daughter and really likes kind of vintage 40's and 50's names like Dorothy, Shirley, Ruth and Sylvia. Any other names you can think of? Thanks so much
    Just a 15 year old name lover.

Girls: Maren, Daphne, Thea, Dahlia, Marina, Maribel, Ivy, Scarlett, Rosalie, Serena and Marilyn

Boys: Theodore, Rocco, Maverick, Brooks, Jude, Ronan, Fabian, Callum, Harvey, Griffin and Vaughn

Girls:
    Catherine/Kathleen, Susan/Susannah, Anne/Anna/Annabeth, Jane, Margaret/Marguerite, Rose/Rosemary, Cecile/Cecily, Flora/Laura, Gwendolen, Paloma, Tabitha, Lucille, Beatrice, Harriet

Boys:
    Frederick, Hugh/Hugo, Wilfred, Basil, Augustin, Edmund, Arlo, Timothy

The -ettes feel very much this period to me:
    Suzette, Yvette, Annette, Juliette etc.

'50s style and bombshells:
    Jacqueline, Raquel, Bettie, Jayne, Brigitte, Marilyn.

The -annes:
    Suzanne & Roxanne would be my favourites but Joanne and Maryanne count too.

Judith NN Judy is one I quite like, along with Yvette NN Yvie. I like Susie and Roxy, but the long forms I favour are not the most '50s variants. (I would probably use Susannah and Roxana over Susan/Suzanne and Roxanne). Speaking of nicknames, Cindy deserves to be here too.

NYC Addict to Girls' Names. Future journalist.

Favorite Girls:
    Annabel/Annabella, Alice, Arabella, Aria, Clara, Clementine, Della, Eleanora, Emmeline, Flora, Harper, Hazel, Isadora, Ivy, Jade, Josephine, Kate, Lily, May, Violetta, Zara

Favorite Boys:
    Archer, Bryce, Calvin, Charles/Charlie, Christopher, Dylan, Graham, Miles, Wesley, Wyatt

Violetta Jane|Della May|Emmeline Violet|Stella Jade|Mara Vivian|Flora Dixie|Zara Delphine

Wyatt Joseph|Bryce Greyson|Will Tate|Nate Charles