Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sibset help! So lost!

I don't know what I'm having but I'm due in 4 weeks and am stressing because I don't even have a 'possible' list of names for when he/she comes.

I already have a DD Hilary and a DS William. I should point out that DS is my step son and so his name was not my choice, not my style and is slightly throwing me when it comes to choosing a name for this one. That being said boys names are difficult for me.

I love the name Mallory for a girl but have had so many people make negative comments about it that I stopped talking to people. I don't care if people like the name I choose, as I'm sure a lot of people don't like Hilary also. But I am concerned, though only very slightly as I understand the children will not be together for the rest of their lives, that the names are too similar and that is in some way taboo!?

Boys name the only one that keeps popping up is Erik and I feel slightly forced into using it as I feel William is very boring and Erik is a name that suits Well with William but feeds my need for a name that is not too popular (and it isn't very popular in Australia).

Sooo...

Mallory Joy
    Erik (no idea for a middle name)

Or other suggestions because a lot of you seem very good at coming up with names that suit a sibset.

I want something different but not strange. Uncommon but not up and coming. I chose Hilary because I pretty much knew it wouldn't make a come back... Like I don't think Mallory ever will.

Thanks

I think Mallory is very pretty and Mallory Joy is a gorgeous choice but they're way to similar for my taste. But if you love it go for it!

I feel like Erik really doesnt work at all with your sibset. There are plenty of other names that will work with both Hillary and William

Suggestions

Hillary, William, &_______:

Veronica
    Tabitha
    Jocelyn
    Juliet
    Johanna
    Gemma
    Margo
    Mila
    Gwen
    Naomi
    Josie
    Cordelia
    Brynn
    Georgia
    Maeve
    Bridget
    Talia
    Cecilia
    Natalia
    Meredith
    Miranda
    Miriam
    Priscilla
    Lydia
    Maren
    Lorelei
    Savannah
    Claudia
    Melody
    Deanna
    Roxanna

Arthur
    August
    Asa
    Beau
    Brennan
    Bennett
    Channing
    Cyrus
    Callum
    Declan
    Duncan
    Desmond
    Dexter
    Ezra
    Garrett
    Garrick
    Jonah
    Keaton
    Landon
    Lincoln
    Leo
    Micah
    Nolan
    Orson
    Oscar
    Patton
    Preston
    Parker
    Ronan
    Rocco
    Rhett
    Rowan
    Silas
    Thatcher
    Tanner
    Tristan
    Vaughn
    Zander

Mallory is among my long-time favorite names. On my list, Hilary is a close second to Ellery. Despite their similar endings, I think they are a perfect pair .

More from my favorites list you might like: Corinne (I pronounce as "CORE-in"), Dana, Deirdre, Elowen, Gwendolen, Haidee, Jillian, Jovienne, Lorelei, Meredith

With William, I'd pair equivalent "core classics" such as Charles, Edward, John and Thomas.

http://nameberry.com/blog/classic-bo...truly-timeless
    "Close your eyes and think about it.

Which name do you really, really love the most?

Go with the one that makes you smile every time you say it."

--Suelain Moy, author

I do have to agree with not liking Mallory when there are gorgeous other names out there. Erik (different spelling ending) reminds me and always will remind me of little Eric Phillip Cowell.

I don't mind Eric it's old fashion and that's where your name style is. Eric Joshua came to mind.

Laura

I like Mallory but as a boys name. Makes me think of a detective in a cheesy old detective movie. At the risk of offending someone I'm sure, your stepson' s name doesn't't have anything to do with your son's name. His mother got to name him, her son. You get that same right with your own son. Choose a name you LOVE for your son. If it helps William is a classic name that would "go" with most names.
    Last edited by jersey_gray; May 4th, 2014 at 04:43 AM.