Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Did you have favourite names as a child?

I was curious about how people's name tastes have changed since they were children
    I'm talking about the names you gave to your dolls, bears and imaginary friends.

I was a small child in the 90s (born in '92) and I went through a phase where all my dolls and bears were called Suzie.
    There was a girl called Lauren Mary at preschool who I'd talk about all the time because I thought her name was amazing
    And after my brother's teacher had a little boy called George James, my only boy doll had a name change to that.

Oh, and my imaginary friend was called Stacy

What about everyone else?
    ╔══════════════╗
    Sophie

Lorelai Violet - Louisa Mae - Clara Elizabeth - Verity Jane - Isla Genevieve

Dashiell Emmett - Theo Lucian - Leo Benjamin - Finley Cassius - Eli Oliver

╚══════════════╝

I loved Timothy. I was sure I would one day have a Timmy. I find nothing wrong with Timothy "Timmy", I actually find it a bit refreshing over names I hear so often, but my son is not Timothy nor will any future sibling of his be.
    Piers Lachlan Wilder
    Charlie Bennett Wolf
    Oliver Henry Birch
    Crispin Everett Gray
    Sophie Elizabeth Fable
    Emma Jane Magnolia
    Grace Margaret Birdie
    Nora Vivienne/Vivian Azure
    Maebry Eloise Sunday
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

heart my son

I actually quite liked Timmy, too! We adopted a cat when I was about 7 and we named him Timmy.
    ╔══════════════╗
    Sophie

Lorelai Violet - Louisa Mae - Clara Elizabeth - Verity Jane - Isla Genevieve

Dashiell Emmett - Theo Lucian - Leo Benjamin - Finley Cassius - Eli Oliver

╚══════════════╝

I have loved Elizabeth and Austen since I was about 8, thankyou Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice!

I would either name my dolls Elizabeth or Belle (Beauty and the Beast), and I stopped liking Belle a long time ago.
    And for boys it was always Austen- my family thought I was crazy, no one had heard of it as a first name before!
    Little Munchkin due March 2016

"A person is a person, no matter how small."
    -Dr Seuss

I started loving names when I was 4. My favorite name then was Star.
    When I was 5, I fell in love with the names Darlene, Christina, Michael and Gerald.
    I never stopped loving the name Michael, and I will always have a fondness for Star.