Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I'm now 32. When I was 5 or 6 years old, I wanted to change my name to Andrea. Andrea was my slightly older best friend in Sunday school. I loved her name so much! This is when my name obsession started. However, I think Andrea is a relics of the 1980s likely to remain there.

I remember having a Cabbage Patch doll that I named Emily, and a Magic Nursery doll that I named Cindy -- I stole Cindy's name from the Brady Bunch. The doll had curly pigtails.

As a higher schooler in the late 90s, I was still dreaming of names. I remember my favorite girls' names were Michaela and Gabriella -- those names both soon surged on the popularity charts. I don't remember obsessing quite as much about boys' names, but I remember liking the names Grant and Mason (yes, this was circa 1998; if I had been a teen mom, I guess I would have been ahead of the trend? Ha.)

I still love Michaela and Gabriella/Gabrielle, but I now know too many people with those names to use them. My taste in boys' names has definitely changed -- I love Old Testament names such as Jonah, Ezra, and Abraham. I also tend to like more traditional and a bit old-fashioned names for girls: Naomi, Lydia, Annabel, Estella, etc.

Growing up I always loved the girls names Michaela and Jordan
    and for boys i thought Damian was great.

I wouldn't use any of them now.

I remember myself and my friend having a slight obsession with the name Marina - we kind of invented a character who we played games about called Marina (she was a mermaid).
    My dolls were called Lucy, Lisa, Amy and Emma (I'm sure I chose Emma because it was my middle name).
    I remember deciding on my favourite names when I was about 9 or 10 - they were Mhairi (VAH-ree) and Misha (I didn't like any boys' names)
    Not expecting - just interested in names!

Catherine, Lena, Eve, Faye, Julia, Cassandra, Clara, Christina, Alexandra
    Blair, Roderick, Damon, Patrick, Dominic, Finn, Struan, Ciaran, Fraser

My baby doll's original name was Julie Baptiste. I have no idea how I came up with that as a 2-3 year-old, but I did. So I suppose I liked the name Julie. I vaguely remember liking the name Daisy, but that never made it to baby doll status. Then really really liked the names Stephanie and Holly because they were people that I wanted to be like. I very much dislike the name Stephanie now.

Since around 6th grade I have loved the name Nissa, and that remains my favorite to this day. I didn't really think about boys' names much when I was little, so I can't speak on that. Now I have a hard time picking my favorites because I like too many! Have you noticed how many more attractive boys' names there are compared to girls'?
    Nissa -- Elsa -- Rauha -- Karolina/Karoliina -- Melina -- Lucia -- Saoirse -- Dagny -- Rosemary -- Lydia -- Grace/Gracia -- Teresa -- Eleanora -- Kirsten "Kirsi"

Einar -- Bjorn -- Ragnar -- Leif -- Pavel "Pasha" -- Soren -- Ruben -- Finn -- Alarik -- Felix -- Daniel -- Brooks -- Dmitri "Dima" -- Kristoffer "Risto" -- Elessar -- Illarion

Some of my favourite dolls were named Opal, Constance, Abigail, Violet, Rosie and Lily. I think there were some more named Oliver, Alexandra, James, Remus, Tommy, Maya and Lavender. Me and my sister actually had so many dolls and most of them had pretty great names! I did go through a phase when I was rereading the Harry Potter books (maybe because a new one had just come out?) and I renamed all of my dolls to give them HP names. So Lily, James, Oliver, Remus and Lavender were the result of that!

And when I was in elementary school/early high school, my favourite name was Aurora nn Rory
    Mabel // Juniper // Adelaide // Rosalind // Delaney // Winifred // Cecilia // Dorothy // Margaret // Georgia
    Everett // August // Edward // Julian // Ronan // Theodore // Kingston // Nathaniel // Archer // Gabriel