Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Which E Names?

Which E Names?

A while ago I posted a "This or That" thread, pitting some of my favorite names against each other that were too similar to use more than one. I have them all narrowed down now, except for the E names. I love them all, and can't decide which I am willing to part with. Ideally, I would like to narrow it down to one name, but I may have to stick with one El name and one Em name. Please tell me why you would or would not keep each name on my list. Thanks!

Girls: Eleanor, Elena, Ella, Emma, Everly
    Boys: Elliot, Emerson, Emmett
    Last edited by litaloo; April 30th, 2014 at 10:28 PM.
    Ella ~ Elena ~ Emma ~ Isabel ~ Molly ~ Nora ~ Sophie
    Elliot ~ Emmett ~ Oliver ~ Owen ~ Roman ~ Ronan ~ Rowan

Very hard to narrow down these names. For the girls I love (in order) Emma, Ella, and Eleanor. I also really like Everly. I love all three boys' names.

Emmeline Azure o Annabel Waverly -- o -- Maebry Eloise o Story Anneliese
    Piers Lachlan o Charlie Hawthorne -- o -- Tadhg Emerson o Wilder Quinn
    ------------------------ o ------------------------ o ------------------------

heart my son

lovemysweeties - It's extremely hard! Thanks for your help!

Ella and Everly are trendy and insubstantial. Emma is beginning to feel dated. Elena is an understated, versatile choice, but I'd have to go with Eleanor on the basis of her sterling history and plethora of nicknames (including Ella!).

The boys are much tougher. Elliot, Emerson, and Emmett are all great names. Since Eleanor is the best name on your girl's list, I would eliminate Elliot. Emerson feels more august and stylish than Emmett, so stick with Emerson. Emerson and Eleanor - what a fabulous sibset!

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Thanks augusta_lee! I also like Eleanor for her many nn options, including Ella. I also have Nora on my short list.