Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemysweeties View Post
    I love my Jack Wilder combo. It would take a lot to make me change the middle name. In my thread about vintage names Wilde was brought up (thank you fourthseason). It actually got me wondering about Jack Wilde instead of Jack Wilder.

Fourthseason also suggested Beau Harding. The combo leaped out at me. I can picture Beau Harding being a rough and tumble kid. He loves, playing in creeks, skipping stones, stashing frogs in his pockets, and rolling in the mud. When Beau Harding becomes an adult I see him still enjoying the outdoors and getting dirty. A hardworking, adventure lover.

The name Scott was also brought up, again by fourthseason (did I say thank you). I have loved Scott since I was a small child. I have not heard the name that much lately. I find Scott to be down to earth and very versatile. I actually considered Prescott or Scott for my son. Scott has a different tone, at least to me, than my son's names and my favorites. I do not feel it is so different that it would stick out like a sore thumb. I am always chanting that sibling names do not need to go together but than I struggle following my own advice.

Chrisco (thank you) brought up Keats in that same thread. I found myself attracted to Keats. Keats is very charming. I picture a child/adult that has a fun, adventures side and I creative/artistic side. A bit quiet but not shy.

Do you prefer Jack Wilder or Jack Wilde?
    What are your thoughts on Beau Harding?
    What are your thoughts about Scott?
    What are your thoughts about Keats?
    What are your thoughts about Miles Everett?

Sorry for such a long post and so many questions.
    As I said on your other thread, Wilde is more toned and refined but maintaining its rugged appeal without going all out. Wilder is all out rugged WILD boy much like the character Huckleberry is in the adventures in the books/movies.

Beau Harding, as someone mentioned earlier, does remind me of the Hardy boys, which is not a bad vibe. It is Ooozing Southern Charm, Refinement, but still All man and outdoorsy in appeal. He strikes me as the type that grew on a Southern Plantation: He is strong, knows hard work, strong minded, but grew up bare foot playing in the ponds catching frogs, fishing and staring at the midnight stars on cool nights. I'm glad to this name see some love.

I like Miles, Scott, Everett and Keats. Miles gives a swanky jazzy miles davis vibe mixed with some one who hangs out down by the bayou. Keats is British and comes off stuffy, so I'd pair a quirky boys middle name with it to liven it up. Scott comes across as an individual who is well learned/educated, refined, and out side authors, every Scott I knew was a writer and a Farm boy.

Options to liven up and make Scott/Keats/Miles rugged:

Scott Jonty Fitzgerald - Allen Quartermain vibe from Author H. Rider Haggard
    Cyrus James Scott
    Atlas Scott
    Scott Duncan- sounds like a boy who grew up on Scottish Highlands
    Scott Macewen
    Scott Macarthur/Macdougal
    Finley Scott/Scott Finley
    Scott Bylton, ENID BLYTON author famous for her book The seas of Adventures
    Scott Bayberyy- tree
    Scott Persimmons- Tree

Miles Thorn- edgy
    Miles Haggard - I do like Miles Everett too!
    Miles Aspen-
    Archer Keats
    Keats Macinnes (mac-In-nes)
    Keats Maclaren
    Orion Keats
    Keats Maclura- tree
    Tcc

Quote Originally Posted by vespertinerose View Post
    I admit I didn't read your vintage boy thread, BUUUT I LOVE LOVE Beau Harding and Jack Wilder. I agree with Vblanch, you can use Wilde as a short option pairing with a longer surname. I think Beau Harding reminds me of the hardy boys from the books.
    Thank you.

I didn't think about the Hardy Boys with Beau Harding, that makes the name even cooler. I am not sure it fits in too well with my other boy favorites but I am just loving him.
    Maebry Eloise o Avia Juniper o Indie Rose Clementine
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Emerson Gray o Bennett Wolf
    -------------------- o -------------------- o ---------------------

heart my son

Thank you, again, fourthseason.

As I said on your other thread, Wilde is more toned and refined but maintaining its rugged appeal without going all out. Wilder is all out rugged WILD boy much like the character Huckleberry is in the adventures in the books/movies.

I love Huckelberry Finn and Tom Sawyer, so this is a positive. I really like Jack Wilde but I have also been saying and seeing Jack Wilder that Jack Wilde seems to be forgetting the ending. But I do love that Wilde is toned down, in a sense it almost has more of a nature feel, instead of literary, outdoor adventure. Jack Wilde makes me picture more of a Jack Hanna animal lover, outdoorsy name. If that makes sense. I am going to keep both middle names in mind.

Beau Harding, as someone mentioned earlier, does remind me of the Hardy boys, which is not a bad vibe. It is Ooozing Southern Charm, Refinement, but still All man and outdoorsy in appeal. He strikes me as the type that grew on a Southern Plantation: He is strong, knows hard work, strong minded, but grew up bare foot playing in the ponds catching frogs, fishing and staring at the midnight stars on cool nights. I'm glad to this name see some love.

I like your imagery. If Beau Harding would be anything like his brother, there definitely will be fishing, star gazing, and catching frogs...along with catching snakes, swimming lakes, and collecting stones.

Thank you for the imagery on Miles, Scott, and Keats. My favorites from your suggestions are -

Atlas Scott - I know some would find the Ss together too much but Atlas as a special place in my heart. Travel has been a huge part of my life. My dad so enjoyed going on long car trips. We have actually been to every state except Hawaii and several provinces and territories in Canada. We also love Greek mythology.

Scott Duncan
    Scott Finley

Miles Thorn - Miles Thorn is a fabulous combo. If I was not so attached to Charlie Hawthorne I would consider switching Miles Everett with Miles Thorn.

Archer Keats
    Maebry Eloise o Avia Juniper o Indie Rose Clementine
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Emerson Gray o Bennett Wolf
    -------------------- o -------------------- o ---------------------

heart my son

Do you prefer Jack Wilder or Jack Wilde? Jack Wilder
    What are your thoughts on Beau Harding? LOVE it
    What are your thoughts about Scott? It is OK for all the reasons you said. Not in love with it, but I like it.
    What are your thoughts about Keats? So NMS
    What are your thoughts about Miles Everett? Again not my style, but I like it better than Keats.
    Mom to:
    Autumn Elizabeth
    Patrick Alexander
    Nicholas Ivan

Nana to
    Jaime Mae Michelle
    Nicholas Ivan II
    Rylie Meshele

I like Wilde instead of Wilder.
    and Miles Everett is my favorite of your entire list!